Florence, AL
Veterans Memorial Park (Lakeside DGC) Share
3 / 234ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

5+    2/9/2013   2/18/2013
Review By: Windsor
Pros: Beautiful land to play on, nice challenging holes, different types of elevation, great view of the Tennessee River and Wilson Dam on a few holes, restrooms beside the parking lot close to #12. Overall a great course
Cons: No water fountains or any source of hydration around, baskets are about 25 years old and are bent and saucer shaped so it could spit your disc up or you could throw a great putt only to have it hit a bent part of the basket that sticks up, the carpet on the teeboxes are old and raggedy so new ones are a must and lastly it needs new and improved hole layout signs beside the teeboxes and maybe new places to sit.
Other Thoughts: Love this course. My friends and I play it all the time and it provides a challenge through woods and also a few open holes and a couple of long bombers. There is no doubt that I would recommend this course to everyone.

Great Course!

5+    2/14/2013   2/14/2013
Review By: Autoscopy
Pros: - Very fun and different skill shots.
- Elevation Changes
- Great scenery around a lake and river.
- Decent Signage
- Multiple pin locations that are change frequently that really vary your shot.
- Good sidearmers or anhyzers can prosper on this course.
Cons: - Baskets are handmade and can spit out putts very easily.
- Not enough pro tees. I believe theres only around 5.
- Kudzu can get very tall and be very difficult to find your disc on certain holes.
- Not enough hyzer shots or lanes. Only 1 or 2.
- There's a tennis court next to one of the holes which can be annoying because of the cars parked there sometimes.
Other Thoughts: This is my local course which I play the most. It will always have a special place in my heart. I love most of the holes and they all play very differently. Not the most diffifcult course as long you stay in the fairway and have good control.

Proud to be my home course

5+    9/11/2010   9/14/2010
Review By: jcwright2110
Pros: Great Terrain. The course is designed to force skilled shots. There are trees, hyzers, hills, chutes, anhyzers, and a couple of long drives. Really great for all skill levels. I enjoy coming up on my favorite hole only for the pin to be moved. Keeps me on my toes.
Cons: The baskets spit out putts. They force precise shots but that is a problem for the long birds. The tee pads are in bad shape too.
Other Thoughts: I played this course weekly the entire summer. I am a newb and this course has taught me control. Now when I play other courses I benefit from it. If it were not for the baskets and tees this course would get a 5 based on my experience. To think about it, I'm going to play when I get off work.

Will always be my home course

5+    12/18/2008   5/5/2009
Review By: xfourevertruex
Pros: GREAT hole design and Fantastic use of the land. You really feel like a part of disc golf history when playing this course. The locals are the best around and this is the true home for disc golf in the south!
Cons: Yeah yeah yeah..the baskets suck. you will be robbed of putts. Also, some of the concrete tees get a bit slick after rain. I broke a toe on tee #10! How's that for good times!
Other Thoughts: I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. Or if you have played this course before...you know what I'm going to say.

This course is awesome and will always be the course I call home, even though I'm 14 hours away now. Perfect place to learn the game...perfect place to perfect your game. PLEASE go check it out and get to know the locals. SFC!!!!!!!