Good Beginer Course
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This course offers plenty of elevation change, as well as some technical shots. Hole 1 is great for doing a hyzer flip shot. Grab a good stable to under-stable midrange and just send it right in. Love this hole! Hole 4 provides a good opportunity to work on anhyzers. The added dificulty of the hill and the blind basket makes it that much more fun. Hole 6 is one of my all time favorite shots alongside hole 4 at blue ribbon pines. Have good shot placement and you are going to be fine. This course is a good quick 9 to get warmed up on. I usually hit this course before going to Acorn, or any other course south of Blaine.
Cons: Hole 2 used to be one of the most fun holes ever because it was tucked into the trees and had a nice downhill shot. Now the hole has been moved to the bottom of the hill and there is no challenge. I have seen about 5 aces on that hole in the past 3 times I have gone there...so dissapointing to see one of the signature holes go. The pin placement change on hole 7 is depressing because it also messed with technical difficulty of hole 8 and the fun of having a nice hyzer shot is gone from this course. My biggest complaint is with the kids that are at that course. They always have their music cranked in the parking lot, screaming, and just making playing difficult. The amount of littering and vandalism just makes me sad because this is the course that I started playing on and it has just been destroyed in a matter of months by a bunch of dumb kids.
Other Thoughts: Fix holes 2, 7, and 8, pour some concrete tee pads, and get the dumb kids off the course and this will be one of the most fun 9 hole courses around!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Rules Sign at the first hole is always a good thing to see hopefully people take the time to read it first.
2) DGA teesigns in ok condition but many of them are missing completely and some grafitti on others.
3) DGA Mach Baskets in decent condition although they are pretty old.
4) Elevation is used effectively on the first 4 holes.
5) Nice blend of fairly open, to some tucked baskets near wooded areas and also a few holes through the tighter woods. Nice balance!!!
6) The wooded holes force a few different throws. You need to be able to work the disc a couple directions and sometimes dead straight to hit the right gaps.
7) Constant challenge is ever present on this course.
8) Water in play on a couple holes . . . one pond and a few shots near the stream.
9) A lot of risk reward goes into some of these shots. If you run at the ace you might struggle to save par because of the surroundings.
10) Easy flow from hole to hole and a great design optimizing the properties best features.
11) Nice balance of hole distances ranging from 150' to 364' with 4 in the 100's and 4 in the 200's plus one 300' hole. I always like to see this variety and balance to really make the shots and the holes different.
Cons: 1) Horrible compaction around tees and greens has lead to almost no turf inside the circle. Mulch would be nice for visual but also to prevent the hardpan skips you get close to the basket. It would also be nice to not have to walk through mud and risk slipping when it is wet out.
2) The worn areas are visually detracting to the players but also the park users and people who have the potential to complain about the compaction and erosion and the impact it has on the environment. It would be nice if they tried to fix it or at the very least cover it up with mulch.
3) Garbage laying all over the place. Some garbage cans but noone uses them apparently.
4) A few times the walk paths through the course come into play. This is dangerous and also disrupting to the disc golfer.
5) Sidewalk is definitely play on Hole #5 and #6. Another safety issue.
6) Dirt tees always leave a lot to be desired, especially when worn down to dirt and wet.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is not a terrible course. it is well designed and has some challenging holes. I really enjoyed the course and was able to look past the issues it has. I still noticed them and they are mentioned above.
I did think the layout and design of this course is top notch, but the maintenance is lacking and the vandalism is everpresent.
Throw some concrete tees and replace the signs and such and this course could be an easy 3.5!!
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Pros include a good design, the holes are tightly knit together making the course quick which can be nice.
Cons: The tightness of the course also makes it fast moving so for a player who takes their time, this might not be the best course. Many of the tee's are essentially craters in the dirt making driving very tricky if you step wrong, you could easily twist an ankle.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.