Fast and easy
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -Short course that is fast and easy if you don't have much time or experience.
-Good course to learn on if you are new.
-First 4 holes are in the woods adding a little bit of challenge.
-Can be played in under half an hour during a thunderstorm (we've tried)
-Minus hole #5 over a pond, it is very difficult to lose any discs. It is very open.
Cons: -Hole 6 does not have a catcher, it is just a pole.
-Right next to a playground and baseball fields. Its a danger to children and if you throw in the baseball fields you will be jumping a fence.
-The city doesn't take care of the park, its constantly under construction.
-For players who are not beginner, this course can be boring. Not a variety of difficult shots or very long shots.
Other Thoughts: -This course is not a course to go out of your way to go to. If it is nearby, it is a fun little course to pass some time on.
-The city of Plymouth never seems to ever make up its mind on what to do with the course, it is constantly changing.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -Typically unoccupied.
-If you have a camera, you can take a picture of the sign before you start, otherwise you will be lost the whole time.
-(On a hot day, or if you just don't wanna play thru a baseball and soccer game) you can play the first 4 holes legit, then due to the arrangement, you can cycle them a few times from locations you determine.
-Playing the first 4, or the whole course, you can play anything from full body overhands to a short and sweet game for fun with a friend.
-Honestly... A great place to quick stop with your significant other or good friend before or after (insert enjoyable event here).
-Water fountain located at "Warming Hut"
-If you have a bike, it's a great course to tear it up.
Cons: -If you just park then walk onto the walk path expecting it will take you from tee 1 to hole 8... you're wrong.
-The tee points are marked, then not marked, then marked again... if you dare to play the whole course "by instinct" you may find a rouge tee ;D
-Depending on what time you go to play, you may have parking issues due to the other various sporting options.
-If you play after 5PM expect to only play the first half, the play fields will be full.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Portopotty after hole #4.
2) Park has all sorts of other acti/ities . . . a playground, hockey rinks being bulit, baseball fields, and plenty of tennis and a basketball court too. Walking paths run throughout the park too.
3) Posts mark the Holes with an address # on the post indicating which hole it is. Pay attention to this because you could get confused as to which hole is next in a couple spots.
4) Concrete tees on all holes except #2 and #8 where you can throw from the asphalt.
5) Shorter technical holes early (1-4), then a couple more open and longer holes and a finishing hole with a 170' carry o/er a pond. There is no bailout because short and right has trees guarding an easy layup, and long left is more of a carry o/er water so you better just go at the basket! Its just a nice mix of holes and the balance is top notch.
6) #3 is a great hole with a late cut back into the woods after going out and down a hill. You cannot see the basket but you can tell where the opening in the woods is! #1 is also a great hole although it was listed as 101' and it was more like 150' tight short anhyzer or easy flick. #4 is a tough straight shot through a small gap as is #2 but #2 requires a little more luck.
Cons: 1) Construction has taken Hole #7 out of play and it looks like it may ha/e affected the placement of #6 basket but I really liked that basket inside of all those trees.
2) Asphalt can be slippery when wet so that is a negati/e on those two holes.
3) As much luck as skill needed on the first few holes. I enjoyed the hole anyways, but beginners will not.
4) Only 8 holes . . . I guess that is all the room they had but I could see squeezing in another hole to make it a con/entional 9 hole course but it is what it is and I will not dock this course for only being 8, its just worth noting.
5) Map located on the path on the way to Hole #1 is really faded and it makes figuring out the layout tough, but I had a map so I was ok, but it would be nice to ha/e the full setup for e/eryone.
6) Long walk from Hole #4 to #5 and also woul dbe from #7 to #8 if 7 was in play. Goofy layout going from #1 to #2 and a couple other spots.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is an allright course. It is fun for sure, and it is well balanced, but it lacks a few things like signs, consistent tees (with the two asphalt tees), the 7th hole, etc.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - the longer holes have Cement teepads
- Has some fun shots
- Not necessarily a deuce on the first 4 holes
- Baskets are solid and catch well
- Hole 8 is a fun end hole
- Great for a super quick round if your crunched for time
- Tight tunnels on the first 4
- there is at least one hole utilizing the pond
- Playground for the kids
- Other sport activities
- Dogs allowed and poo bags provided
- Accurate shot placement with your mids and putters a must for good score.
- Easy to find disc in rough
Cons: - Asphalt and Dirt teepads on first 4 holes
- long walk 4->5 and 7->8
- Not easy to navigate
- tee signs
- Essentially a pitch-n-putt for most players
Other Thoughts: When me and my buddy were on our way to Zachary playfield, we had no idea what to expect. All we knew is it was kinda short and 8 holes. I must say that it ended up being a pleasant experience.
The first hole is a nice lil tunnel shot that opens up right before the basket. Its a tight gap about 1/3 the way down that opens up right before the basket. Then you walk back up by #1s teepad for #2 which is a tight tunnel most of the way down the fairway. any flex either way and your hitting a tree. Hole 3 heads down the hill and around the water tower. Follow the path through the woods to get to #4 which is a tight tunnel half the fairway that opens up to a mowed area that is littered with small trees. The basket is kind of close to #2s basket.
From there walk around to the other side of the playground to find the cement teepads and #5. Hole 5 is open with one tree between you and the basket.
Hole 6 you finally get to put away the pistols and bust out the rifles. A nice downhill shot into a grove of pine trees. Plays about 30-40' short of the marked distance.
Hole 7 is really the only one that is awful. Its just a wide open chuck at the basket. Make sure not to get up to high or you could end up in the baseball field.
There is a long walk back towards #7s tee past #6s tee to get to #8 by the pond. This is just a simple chuck over the water, better to go a little long than short. There is alot of pine trees 50' past the basket so if you really rifle it you wont go to far.
If you're looking for something different to play and live in the area than stop by. It's not a course to make a long trip for but not a bad course if its local. Go play some disc!
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: -Half woods and half open
-There is now a map
-Holes one and three pretty much make the course
-Playing around the water tower is a very fun shot
-I learned to play here
Cons: -There are only eight holes
-Hole six is coming out of the ground
-There are a ton of people here on any night during the summer
-Baseball games in progress on two of the eight holes at most times in the evenings. If you go over the fence, you're going to interrupt the game.
-Hole 7 starts on a horrible path
-You can birdie every hole on the course without any excellent shots
Other Thoughts: This course is in my backyard and was the first course I ever played when I was in high school. I play it nearly every day to warm up on and at times when I am very rushed. As much as I want to say that this course sucks, it really doesn't, it just needs some maint. and maybe a better eye on the set up. It was much better a few years ago. So to the hot shots, this course sucks, but to players that are okay with playing a short and easy play through, this is worth the twenty minuets it takes to play. To the damn kids that are always letting you play through while they hit the pipe. There have been cops on bikes, with dogs back there the last few days. Do what you please, really, but don't be a damn idiot about it. Last thing we need is the police bombarding the place.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Better than before
Pros: A short and easy course. Much better than it was when it first went into the ground. Most will like the ease of playing.
Cons: While you'll enjoy your round, you probably are not likely to come back to play. It's a once and done course.
Other Thoughts: I remember playing this course when they had the famed Par 1 on a hole that was 80' long.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
only play if youre in the area and have the time
Pros: -intimadating shot across a pond on hole 8
-holes 1, 2, and 4 test how straight you can throw
-ace opportunity on hole 5
-first 4 holes are good for technique
Cons: -only 8 holes
-very confusing layout. excessive walking inbetween holes, if you can find them. (refer to the aerial photo i uploaded)
- recently changed some holes around which made it more confusing
Other Thoughts: -if youre in the area, might as well give it a try if you have time. but don't make a special trip here.
-when you drive along rockford road from west to east, you can play at plymouth creek woods, zachary playfields, sunnyside park, and bassett creek. all 4 courses are close to each other and can all be played in a few hours total.
-however, if youre looking for a better course, i suggest plymouth creek or bassett creek
-please note that in the aerial photo, the ice rink on the right is no longer there, so it's not in the way of hole 7
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Wood Shots are fun.
Can get done here really quick if times a factor.
Cons: only 7 holes !!!!!!
Hole 7 is coming out of the ground messed up
after wood shots the rest are boring
Hard to locate hole 1
Doing construction in front of hole 1 to hole 5 when i went by water tower.
Other Thoughts: First four holes are really fun to play then after that the rest are ok at best.
Average course that is ok to try out if you haven't ever played here. But if you far away not worth it.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.