Minneapolis (Eden Prairie), MN
Bryant Lake Park Share
Uploaded By: LuCkDz Hole #5 (Taken 10/2014)

5+    8/23/2012   8/23/2012
Review By: berzerker
Pros: lots of different shots. clean and well maintained, very nice landscaping
Cons: its like vietnam, chuckers everywhere and theres a 3 hole sweep where you could die from errant shots on other holes. bring a helmet
Other Thoughts: 2 scenic and memorable holes, but other than that not very challenging

1    6/12/2009   10/13/2010
Review By: smyith
This review was updated on 10/17/2010
Pros: - Great cement tee pads
- Amazing tee areas
- Great tee signs
- Well manicured and maintained
- Some great views
- Elevation changes are well used
- Wind plays in interesting ways
- Fun shots
- From Pro's 340'+ consistent distance required for a good score
- Water plays in well
- The rough although punishing, is easy to find your disc
- The way the course is set-up really shows you how much the park district actually cares.
- Amenities wise one of the best P2P I've played, second only to BRP.
Cons: - No Dogs allowed
- Hole 17 is over a parking lot
- Not overly challenging
- Minimal shot shaping required!
- Too many hyzer shots over and over again. I can only remember throwing maybe 2-3 holes without using a hyzer line.
Other Thoughts: Distance is the main challenge on this course. A few holes here and there require moderate shot shaping. As long as you can drive consistently 340' you'll be in good shape. Elevation can punish arrant shots. On the majority of holes I threw a gentle hyzer shot and had good putt opportunities at the basket. This course lacks a truly challenging hole. There wasn't a single hole that I felt I wasn't going for the optimal line. To break into the 4 disc rating I feel that at least a few holes should leave me pondering what I should've thrown. This is a fun course and I suggest playing it. If your limited on time I would suggest playing some of the other more noted courses in the area.
I am an intermediate player, if I can walk on to this course blind and shot a negative score and miss several birdie putts it isn't a tough course. Even my two friends who were with me, step above chuckers, shot right near even. We played all the long tees too.

Great attention to detail - lacks some distinct characteristics of a fully balanced course

1    9/7/2009   9/10/2009
Review By: orcchmp
This review was updated on 7/20/2011
Pros: This is an absolute beauty of a course. I had to play it since I live close and have heard a lot of hype. The park has gotten a ton of attention to detail, landscaping, and upkeep. You will be inspired by the creative and detailed landscaping. Use of elevation is nice.
Cons: I think maybe the hype might have made me overly anxious for the course, and then it just never seemed to live up to what I had envisioned in my mind. It is fairly popular and easily accessible which brings crowds, a con in my book. Pay to play has two trains of thought in my book. One, it keeps out the morons. But two, I expect that much more attention to detail like all the landscaping, pavers, retaining walls, etc. The money spent at a popular course should yield these impressive results without question. The water only slightly threatens your play. The risky greens are there with the elevated and terraced areas, but they are gimmicky, not true natural features. Overall, lack of tight and narrow woods subtracts from true balance of play.
Other Thoughts: To rate a course a 5, i personally think it needs more than 18 holes (or an accompanying course like the Highbridge complex). Only after playing more than 18 top notch holes with all the variety and challenge I seek, do I feel fully satifsfied. To rate a 4.5 I feel a course needs long downhill ripper holes, true risky water hazards that you are very likely to land in, tight woods, and great balance of left, right, uphill, downhill, and OB. Bryant lake falls short, lacking truly tight woods and obvious water hazards. I guess I just didn't get 'the feeling' on the course. I kept seeing all the beautiful structures and details around me, but never was really blown away. Still a super sound course and worth the trip and price to play.
UPDATE: Since shifting my BRP rating, I have to move this one as well. BRP is better than Bryant Lake.

1st time - mixed opinion

1    8/7/2009   8/8/2009
Review By: Erik
Pros: VERY well kept course
Nice tee boxes
easy to navigate
awesome elevation changes (especially 17 ;) )
great distance on some holes
Cons: Easy course, even on "pro".. playing par-3 I managed to finish 5-under par and i am NOT that good :)

Some construction right now, but looks to be some awesome new tee-box locations
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course - it was nice having a big elevation change and groomed fairways.

I wish there was a bit more 'skill' shot opportunities, as i was able to make it to the pin in 2 or less shots on every hole, even the huge cliff shot.

Great course, just not that difficult!