Marshfield, WI
Uploaded By: erickmj

The Wildwood Challenge

5+    9/2/2008   12/11/2008
Review By: charliekerper
Pros: Clearly marked holes with carved wooden maps. Almost impossible to lose disc, even if playing at night as the park lights illuminate the course. Very well groomed park. Trees provide excellent obstacles for players. Very easy to find and usually no domineering locals. The holes are marked for there par based on the challenge they offer, instead of what many courses call the standard par 3.
Cons: Wild shots could end up in the gated public pool area. In the winter it is usually covered in snow. (I have played this course successfully in the snow)
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses around. I have played many around the country and this course is straightforward and lacks the overcomplexity that make other courses more immdediately attractive. It is a great beginner course due to the lack of less hazardess challenges and still entices competant players as they can focus on shots without worrying about losing discs. This was the course my friends and I used to frequent when we were in high school and will always be one of my favorites.