Corvallis, OR
Willamette Park Share
Uploaded By: didy22 Hole #11 (Taken 7/2009)

1 2 3 Next >
 willamette park

5+    2/25/2009   2/26/2009
Review By: jgros079
Pros: This course offers a little for everyone, from the pros on down. It's not too difficult, but is by no means a cake walk. Most of the holes average in the mid 300's, and pins are changed on holes frequently which helps keep the course regulars on their toes. It's a nice mix of open fairway holes and wooded ones, which require more technical shots.
Cons: This course is a lefty backhanders dream...tends to get annoying if you're not left handed, or shoot righty forehand. Also, the course can get extremely busy, especially on nicer days and on the weekends. If you go during these times, keep an eye out for discs flying your way, and be prepared to wait a bit to throw.
Other Thoughts: A good course to play if you're looking for something to do one afternoon. It is rarely used in the mornings or early afternoon, and if you can handle shooting a round in colder/rainy weather, the entire course will be yours.

Better than Adair

7/21/2008   7/21/2008
Review By: handsoffmt
Pros: Nice, open course with a good range of hole lengths (250-400+ feet). Good variety of Hyzer and anhyzer holes. I like a course where a birdie is possible on most holes, and all but one (for me) is reachable on the drive. I hear rumours of people birdying 3, but have not seen it for my own eyes.
Cons: Can get crowded, especially on the few sunny days when school is in session. Only thing missing are some technical woodsy shots.
Other Thoughts: I like this course much better than Adair. Adair has too many boring, long holes that are hard to birdy or bogey, and easy to par.

Adair's Little Sister Course!

5/26/2008   5/26/2008
Pros: It's a nice setting for a course, lovely big ole park. The course plays through open areas and more wooded technical parts of the park. Nice kiosk at start with course information. Teepads are made up of 10 large concrete blocks, they work just fine.One hole even had these concrete blocks under the bench for the players waiting to tee off. Nice informative signs. Pretty easy to navigate.
Cons: Unlike Adair, where I felt each hole has it's own unique quality, here I felt the holes kind of blended together in my mind. It's hard for me to distinctly remember any one particular hole. You lefties who are constantly complaining about courses being biased in favor of righty back handed throwers would love this course. I believe the ratio is something like 12 to 1 in holes with a slight anhyser favor to them. Many have mentioned how crowded this park can get. I played on a cold drizzly day and almost had the park to myself.
Other Thoughts: This course has a couple of design features that set's it aside from most all other courses. Some people would probably call them cons, I found them to be more quirky if anything, maybe adding to the character of Willamette.

First, many of the fairways run very close together, up and back like golf course fairways. Course detractors would scream safety issues and whatnot. I think I might like the fact that as I'm walking up one fairway, I can see the group ahead of me teeing off or playing their second shot. They can "Four", I'll duck if needed.

The second strange design features holes 14, 15, 16 and 17. They are once again side by side but the issue here is, they don't seem to be in order. So 17 fairway is between 14 and 16. Or something like that? Whatever, I think it works. It's like the Green Monster at Fenway Park in Boston. It's kinda weird but it's part of what makes that ballpark unique. Same with this odd hole design here. It just adds to the Willamette mystique.

I think Willamette often times suffers from the unfair comparison to Adair. I say come play Willamette first, you'll enjoy it. Then go treat yourself to the Adair experience. You'll love it!

Excellent when not crowded

5/10/2008   5/10/2008
Review By: OR_Crayfish
Pros: This is a fantastic course. Scenic, challanging and some areas near the Willamette River with Bald Eagles swooping around. We live about 1500ft from the course. We love it. Great opportunities for all type of shots. Trend is lots of forehand drives but easily reachable with nice turnover backhands. Im an int player (for OR) at 920 rating. I usually shoot around 56 with some occasional under par rounds. This is not the hardest course in OR by any means but it can test many aspects of your game.
Cons: In the title. This is the Hot Spot for the OSU college scene. I dont blame them, its beautiful. However it can get wild out there with discs flying everywhere and tons of litter. Pack in Pack out dangit. Just watch your topknot and its a great time. Its also a dog off leash area (which is cool) but that means dogs everywhere and tons O' Pooh to dodge !!! Get there early AM and its empty and wonderful
Other Thoughts: Local disc folks in the area work very hard to keep this course in nice shape. Some fun Alt pin placements with a brand new one (as of 5/8/08) on hole 5. Enjoy!!! I prefer Adair Village and if you only have time for one round in the area go there!!!!

Hidden hideaway

5/1/2008   5/5/2008
Review By: kevin
Pros: Course laid out in a field of trees, earning a challanged rating.
Cons: Usually open at the tee, making it easy to drive down the field but, you could still run into trees down the lane.
Other Thoughts: First come first serve. Popular course in the area.

1 2 3 Next >