Waterbury Center, VT
Center Chains DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #6 (Taken 7/2011)
3 / --   3 / 270ft.   3 / 351ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Blue Tee

Vermont Woods Course

5+    9/11/2013   6/11/2014
Review By: tlimanek
Pros: Nice views! Interesting assortment of holes and terrain. Easy walk between holes. Nice Vermont woods feel. Free.
Cons: Can be wet and very muddy. Easy to lose discs in the deep grass.
Other Thoughts: I've played this course a lot, so not sure how easy to follow for someone new to the course. I played this course as I got back into disc golf maybe ten years ago. Am amazed at the effort that goes into keeping this and all courses going. For free family fun this is hard to beat. More recently, I have found I enjoy park courses more where errant (and good) shots are a lot easier to find.

5+    5/20/2012   6/29/2012
Review By: bradharris
Pros: Center Chains is tucked away in a beautiful corner of Vermont. The mountain views at the front of the course really give you a feeling of being removed from the rest of the world in your own little disc golf haven.

The course itself offers a nice variety with a few open field bombs featuring just enough trees and OB to be interesting as well as some tighter wooded holes where line shaping is key.

Elevation comes into play on a number of holes as well to keep things interesting.
Cons: This course is lacking a bit of the wow factor. While it features some fun and interesting holes, there's nothing that really elevates it to the next level to set it apart from other courses.

There are a few very wet areas, regardless of weather. While boards and bridges help minimize exposure to these areas, errant throws can find their way into some really unfavorable footing.

No real signage. The tee numbers are marked and navigation is pretty straightforward, but it would be nice to have some indication of distance and pin location.
Other Thoughts: I always enjoy playing at Center Chains. There is a very active community around this course and they are always working to make it better.

Anytime I am in the area, I wouldn't hesitate to play here. However, without any features that really make it stand out, I wouldn't go out of my way to play here.

center chains

5+    3/11/2012   4/23/2012
Review By: ole3
Pros: chenter chains allows dogs. Fun set up. A good mix of easy hard and medium holes. Plenty of parking.
Cons: seasonal closure. Some areas off the fairways are overgrown and can be wet. Dogs should be on leash.
Other Thoughts: Would play here more often if it was not to far from my home

Bring a Spotter!

2-4    7/17/2010   7/20/2010
Review By: Axl69
Pros: It's in Vermont!
It's free!
It's extremely quiet!
It's natural, no pads no problem!
Nice tree-fort!
Cons: I went alone because I was vacationing with my wife for the VT brewfest this past weekend and she wasn't willing to spot for me again.
My first throw from the blue tee sent me into the tall grass toward tee#2.
There's alot of grass over by tee#2 and it sure is tall this time of year. I searched for an hour before sadly playing through without my favorite disc. I searched again at the end of my aimless disc tossing session( plenty of blind drives) to no avail. Long story short I returned the next morning to redeem myself and found my disc in 5 minutes and played a good round on a good course.
Other Thoughts: Don't go it alone, send your buddy down the course (player with highest score) to spot for you.

5+    6/15/2009   11/22/2009
Review By: Strauss
Pros: I really enjoyed the course layout. Very nice hole designs with a good mix of long and short holes, with left and right turns, and some good elevated tees. Free to play, and a great area with great views. Very challenging as well, overall a greta course that will make you use all your shots.
Cons: Course could use better grooming. The course gets overgrown in the summer,and it becomes really easy to lose discs, even in some fairways. Very sloppy in some areas after it rains. Course was installed years ago, result of that is some holes don't have a line to the basket anymore due to trees growing larger. Baskets are well aged and rusty, could use new baskets for sure.
Other Thoughts: Overall a very nice course that would be even better with more consistant upkeep. I really like the course layout, one of my favorite courses to play. I would be willing to pay to play if that helped get the course groomed on a regular basis.