Longview, TX
Guthrie Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #7 (Taken 5/2010)

ACE RACE and Birdie bash!

1    8/19/2014   8/21/2014
Review By: Withinoz
Pros: Park is very well taken care of.
Signs for each hole let you know where you are going - though some of them need updated as the pins have been lengthened since the signs were installed.
A pretty, and straight forward course with very little extreme challenge.

You can really go on a birdie run - try and finish -10 or better.

Honestly a really great use of the land the park has to offer. Fun course to play through if you don't have a lot of time.

I would certainly enjoy having this course in my neighborhood. I'd play it weekly for sure.

There is a course map by the parking lot near Tee pad #1. Looks like the locals are trying to keep the buzz going with Mini's and fun activities.
Cons: The course would not be a destination location. However with Hinsley Park down the road, I would not rule out going a little out of your way to play both in the same trip (as I did).

Most of the holes are very short (around 150 - 210) There is a 410 ft hole, but it is marked Par 4.
Other Thoughts: If I lived down the street, I would definitely play this course every week and try to hit 18 under. It's a very nice little park, that is well kept, and the course does have some diversity. 10 - 17 utilize some trees, and I played 18 from the long tee over the river, which made it more fun. I didn't see any other long tees or I would have given them a shot. Came out -4 (-5 if you count the Par 4 hole, which I kept as a 3, cause I should have made it in 2, just missed my put - which I am prone to do LOL) first time at the course without a local guide, and I'm not a seasoned disc golfer by any means.

Again, if you are in the area - it's a fun course. Don't plan a road trip around this course alone though. You might be disappointed.

not that bad after all

1    3/18/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 8/20/2009
Pros: Safe park. Not many chances to lose disc, because the water normally in play on the back 9 has dried up. which was good because I pulled one BADLY and was able to retrieve it by walking down the hill and into the ditch. Big course map next to hole one. Good use of limited space and terrain. Only 10 minutes off I-20. Good course to introduce new people to the world of disc golf and to hopefully give them the bug. After hole 3 the course became more enjoyable than I had anticipated.
Cons: No elevation and not many trees. Lots of walkers and people in the park on a weekday. I would not dare play this course on a beautiful Sat or Sun. Hole five's tee pad is literally right next to someone's back yard. They have 2 dogs that bark at you like you are the mailman or an intruder. Actually they should have dogs on every tee pad as the course is pretty easy. Not secluded.
Other Thoughts: If you are driving down I-20 with some time to kill I suggest give the course a whirl. I cannot suggest driving a long distance just to play this course.