Longview, TX
Guthrie Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #1 (Taken 5/2010)
3 / 322ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

not that bad after all

1    3/18/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 8/20/2009
Pros: Safe park. Not many chances to lose disc, because the water normally in play on the back 9 has dried up. which was good because I pulled one BADLY and was able to retrieve it by walking down the hill and into the ditch. Big course map next to hole one. Good use of limited space and terrain. Only 10 minutes off I-20. Good course to introduce new people to the world of disc golf and to hopefully give them the bug. After hole 3 the course became more enjoyable than I had anticipated.
Cons: No elevation and not many trees. Lots of walkers and people in the park on a weekday. I would not dare play this course on a beautiful Sat or Sun. Hole five's tee pad is literally right next to someone's back yard. They have 2 dogs that bark at you like you are the mailman or an intruder. Actually they should have dogs on every tee pad as the course is pretty easy. Not secluded.
Other Thoughts: If you are driving down I-20 with some time to kill I suggest give the course a whirl. I cannot suggest driving a long distance just to play this course.