Novato, CA
Stafford Lake County Park Share
Uploaded By: Mavurick Hole #3 (Taken 7/2014)

Overrated

1    7/17/2011   7/25/2011
Review By: CptSaveAPar
This review was updated on 12/29/2011
Pros: There is beautiful scenery throughout and you have views of Stafford Lake from almost everywhere on the course. Some very interesting holes and right from the get go too. #1 goes steeply up the side of the hill and is unlike anything I have played. #6 must be the signature hole with epic views of the lake, and the 1000+ ft par 5 9th is without a doubt the longest hole I have played. Tee pads were solid and I liked the fact that even on a weekend during the summer it wasn't crowded at all.
Cons: This is the 1st time I've had to pay to play and it was 10$ on a Sunday. The wind was fierce when played, and being so near the ocean I'd imagine there is some sort of breeze to deal with most of the time. 2' weeds are everywhere out here so it's just a matter of time before your searching for a disc. Poison oak is never fun to get, and there was a LOT of that out there as well. The washer system for pin locations was wrong on most holes when visited so we had to spend extra time searching for baskets. Due to the number of blind shots and the high weeds I'd definitely recommend you play this course with a spotter.
Other Thoughts: I chose to play here instead of others when in the Bay because this course was so highly reviewed. After playing, there is no doubt in my opinion that this course is overrated. I would however, like to see this place during the spring, when everything is green and the weeds are down. As played, I stand by my rating.

Scenic, Long, Rough

1    7/30/2010   7/30/2010
Review By: RayRay
Pros: - Epic Elevation Shots
- Beautiful scenery
- Length (1000 footer!!)
- Detailed Tee Signs
Cons: - Extremely rough, high sticky grass with no real fairways, bring a spotter or you'll lose some discs
- Blind holes (12 holes from the pro tees)
- Wind, part of the game but kills the long holes
- Difficulty: I wouldn't recommend it for a casual player.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course but think it's a little overrated. The shots are fun but the wind/elevation/vegetation/blindness make things very risky. If you have a big game and want to play on some CA hills, go play it but be ready for some rough grass and some wind.