Richmond, VA
Hole #10 Yellow Tee

okay for practice

5+    6/20/2014   8/15/2014
Review By: Indus
Pros: wide open place to practice discs you don't throw much.
close to highway so you can get out quickly.
pretty park.
Cons: not much of a challenge. mostly wide open, relatively easy. non-disc golfers on the course, as it is a public park. crappy dirt tees.
Other Thoughts: not sure why this course gets such a high rating unless it is because a bunch of the local players are the ones reviewing it. it is definitely less than thrilling. a couple of cool holes...one long one where you have to carry a creek running through concrete banks...one over the pond that is challenging (not the last hole). kinda like playing in an open field. big arms may enjoy the chance to park some drives, but it lacks technical play.

1    6/3/2011   6/3/2011
Review By: Ray Gunnell
Pros: Fun, open course. Some really long holes, some ace runs, and other easily birdie-able holes. Two sets of tees, yellow tending to provide the easier approach.
Cons: Park Congestion. I had to stop six times (one stoppage was for about 10 minutes) for different summer camps who were also using the grounds. It wasn't a problem except for a kid who reached my disc before I did, picked it up and tried to take off with it.

Another thing to be aware of, I rolled my ankle pretty bad and had to retire early. The natural tees need real work to become safe.

There's no signage from hole to hole, at all. I was lost between 8 and 9, and found myself on numerous occasions throwing blindly to where I anticipated the pin being, only to be about 30 yards in the side.
Other Thoughts: If the course had dedicated teepads, with some formal type of surfacing, it'd get a four in my book.

It's definitely one I'd like to try again if I find out the improvements are made.

Really straight.

1    8/23/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: notyourfrog
Pros: This park is very nicely groomed. The trimmed grass, nicely pruned trees (for the most part), and well-marked tees make this a pretty course. The hills and water in play on several of the holes add a nice element to the round, including a deceptively long, downhill drive.
Cons: There's not much variety to the layout of the holes. They are all basically straight. A slight hyzer or anhyzer from time to time is helpful, and elevation adds a bit to the course, but for the most part, it's extremely straight. The natural tees are less than desirable, as some of them have exposed roots, and none are even. Teeing off is always somewhat of an ankle-risk.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course, overall, but to be painfully honest, I wasn't overly thrilled. Granted, from what I have been told, it's the best course in the Richmond area, so I will play it again out of proximity, but it makes me miss Bayville in Virginia Beach.