Richmond, VA
Uploaded By: Aaron D'Angelo Hole #5
Hole #5 Yellow Tee

1    5/20/2015   5/30/2015
Review By: dg_morgan
Pros: -The holes are very fun and interesting. There is elevation, water, and varying length. Some of the holes are wide open, and some have trees. It's a very pretty park and cute to play.

-Free to play!

-Very quiet area as far as foot traffic, at least when we were there (midday on a Wednesday).

-Two tee pads for each hole.
Cons: -The amateur tees are poor/nonexistent. Perhaps I am spoiled on nice concrete tees, but I don't appreciate throwing from the dirt. It also makes it difficult to see the tees from afar. (My partner recalls the pro tees being brick, so this point may be invalid for people playing from those.)

-The signage is lacking. Each hole has a mosaic piece that explains the par and distance, but these tend to be a bit hard to read. It's also simply placed on the ground, along with very short blocks marking the am tees. Since nothing is really visible from a distance, it was hard to navigate the course in many places.
Other Thoughts: I think if the tees and signs are addressed, this course could easily get another full point from me. The holes were a lot of fun to play, and were definitely not generic. However, it's hard to enjoy the holes when you can't actually find them! I prefer a course where I can easiy move from a basket to the next tee. A little better signage could really make this course into a winner. Of course, if you've played here enough to learn the layout, I'm sure it's plenty of fun!

okay for practice

5+    6/20/2014   8/15/2014
Review By: Indus
Pros: wide open place to practice discs you don't throw much.
close to highway so you can get out quickly.
pretty park.
Cons: not much of a challenge. mostly wide open, relatively easy. non-disc golfers on the course, as it is a public park. crappy dirt tees.
Other Thoughts: not sure why this course gets such a high rating unless it is because a bunch of the local players are the ones reviewing it. it is definitely less than thrilling. a couple of cool long one where you have to carry a creek running through concrete over the pond that is challenging (not the last hole). kinda like playing in an open field. big arms may enjoy the chance to park some drives, but it lacks technical play.

1    6/3/2011   6/3/2011
Review By: Ray Gunnell
Pros: Fun, open course. Some really long holes, some ace runs, and other easily birdie-able holes. Two sets of tees, yellow tending to provide the easier approach.
Cons: Park Congestion. I had to stop six times (one stoppage was for about 10 minutes) for different summer camps who were also using the grounds. It wasn't a problem except for a kid who reached my disc before I did, picked it up and tried to take off with it.

Another thing to be aware of, I rolled my ankle pretty bad and had to retire early. The natural tees need real work to become safe.

There's no signage from hole to hole, at all. I was lost between 8 and 9, and found myself on numerous occasions throwing blindly to where I anticipated the pin being, only to be about 30 yards in the side.
Other Thoughts: If the course had dedicated teepads, with some formal type of surfacing, it'd get a four in my book.

It's definitely one I'd like to try again if I find out the improvements are made.

Really straight.

1    8/23/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: notyourfrog
Pros: This park is very nicely groomed. The trimmed grass, nicely pruned trees (for the most part), and well-marked tees make this a pretty course. The hills and water in play on several of the holes add a nice element to the round, including a deceptively long, downhill drive.
Cons: There's not much variety to the layout of the holes. They are all basically straight. A slight hyzer or anhyzer from time to time is helpful, and elevation adds a bit to the course, but for the most part, it's extremely straight. The natural tees are less than desirable, as some of them have exposed roots, and none are even. Teeing off is always somewhat of an ankle-risk.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course, overall, but to be painfully honest, I wasn't overly thrilled. Granted, from what I have been told, it's the best course in the Richmond area, so I will play it again out of proximity, but it makes me miss Bayville in Virginia Beach.