Richmond, VA
Bryan Park Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #3 (Taken 10/2013)
Hole #3 Blue Tee

OK/Good, getting better

5+    2/15/2014   2/22/2014
Review By: HannibalRex
This review was updated on 6/12/2014
Pros: - WAY COOL: perm pads going in, tee 1 is really nice, can't wait to see the rest, hands-down the best improvement this course needed.
- Plenty of distance, play the blues or whites and you'll figure out just how much arm you have.
- Even if you're embarrassingly bad, like me, it's still a fun course with a couple of shorter throws here and there to make up for it.
- Some really nice views in a nice park
- Some are really fun like 11, 14, 16, 18
Cons: I sound like a jerk when I read my own reviews, so best to keep it to myself. All I can say is go find out for yourself, Bryan is a nice course, give it a go! Have fun, be respectful, and help the beginners.

1    7/27/2013   7/30/2013
Review By: roadtrip
Pros: Close to and easily accessible from the highway. Pretty park - huge trees, open grassy, hilly fields, a stream, a pond. Two tees on every hole. A nice variety of shots. There are a few trees on just about every hole. They don't force any one line, but they rule out several lines. So you'll need a variety of shots to get through the course. Some very memorable holes - 11 is a long downhill with one tree between the tee and a creek, at the bottom of the hill. Then the hole runs uphill on the other side of the creek, with a few more trees to contend with. Very long hole. 16 was a water carry, but a very do-able carry. Unlike a course like Fountain Hills in AZ that requires a long toss to keep your disc, this may be about 175 or 200 flat feet of water. Lots of birdie opportunities and a few ace runs.
Easy access back to the highway.
Cons: Navigation. The directions get you to the park, but not to the first tee. Tees are dirt, some of them are hard to see. They're only marked by wooden blocks on the ground. The maps on this site are helpful, but you need the maps for just about every hole (and they still require some searching). You don't often see the basket you're aiming for. Sometimes you see a different basket, which can be confusing. There are also holes with crossed streams - you're sharing fairway space with another hole. And there was at least one hole where the basket is very close to another hole's narrow fairway. I can't remember which holes are involved, but I heard a disc whiz by me as I was putting out. No benches or trash cans, though that doesn't really affect my rating. The dirt/rocky tee pads caused me to slip a few times.
Other Thoughts: Half the time I liked this course and half the time I hated it. That seemed to warrant a 2.5 but I bumped it up thinking I'd like the course more if I lived here and knew my way around. It wasn't in great shape, but I might have just caught it at a bad time. Grass was growing up, patches of weeds made obstacles where they didn't really need to be. A little TLC and some amenities would have really helped. Just up 195 from Carytown, which is a cool place to drop off your roadtrip guests if they're not into disc golf. A good place for a beer afterward, as well.