1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - In my opinion, one of the better looking courses in all of the Tampa Bay area.
- A good variety of shots to be made. Most seasoned players will be satisfied.
- Adequate practice area with practice basket
- Great hole signage as well as directional ques to the next hole.
- There is a club with club tags. Weekend mini.
- Hosts a huge ace race once a year, hundreds of competitors.
- Clean park and well mowed.
- Multiple pin placements and tee boxes.
Cons: - A few opportunities to lose a disc for good.
- Alligators in the park, don't go in the water.
- Lots of walkers in the park, you will likely have to wait a few times for safety reasons.
- Some areas have substantial overgrowth.
- Fairly crowded course, keep your head up.
- The course parking is tucked way back into the course. Keep driving all the way to the end.
- Mostly flat course.
Other Thoughts: - If you are traveling to the Pinellas beaches, and can only check one course out. I recommend this course
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 3 Not
If I'm in Florida, I'm playing this course again!
Pros: Great Layout!
Easy to navigate
Clear signs mapping out the Hole for both Pro teebox and amateur
They have a disc return box for those who have lost discs
Other Thoughts: I'm from the midwest, so this course for me was paradise. The course was very well maintained and you could tell there was a lot of thought put into the layout of this course. The course had amazing views of nature and it was a pleasure to play.
3 of 6 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: A true gem in the region.
Kudos to the local disc golf club- so much pride put into the course.
Concrete pads, beautiful scenery. A few pro pads on a few holes.
The most amazing maps ever,
Benches, bag holders, trash cans,
Multiple pin positions.
Cons: The pads are a little small and worn.
It's a multiuse park, and I imagine pedestrian traffic and non disc patrons would have the place very crowded on a weekend.
Windy! right on the water almost always a tough wind
Distances are mostly moderate to short
Other Thoughts: One of my favorites in the area- a must play
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 7 Not
Very fun course
Pros: This course provides a challenge for all players. There are multiple basket locations on every hole making the course different every other month when the baskets are changed. A very nice walk thru the park.
1 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Worth the Trip
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: When building a disc golf course the Taylor Park Tee signs would be a perfect role model. This course demands accurate, not distance off the tee and when the wind is whipping around. it changes holes dramatically, especially the holes near the lake
Cons: It can be a tad confusing what basket to throw at on number 2 (18 hole basket is on the right). Cons are nitpicking really
Other Thoughts: Playing a course for the first time and not getting lost and actually concentrating on your game and appreciating the course is always a pleasure. Hey look 5 losers posted that my review isn't helpful
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Almost better than Cliff
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -The course is very well maintained. Everything is great from the signs to the super long tee pads and nice baskets.
- Course has a nice flow and first timers will not have to worry about getting lost
- No holes were too long; most were around 250, which is a nice length for amateurs
- Just enough trees and water to make it hard but not frustrating
- Good variety of tighter and open holes
- Tee pads have shoe cleaners, bag hangers and benches, which makes the course feel like a Selah Ranch
- There was a warning of disc golf in the area and that always is a good sign
- Nice people to ask just in case you couldn't find a certain hole
- There was a great shaded practice area with two practice baskets
- Two tees per hole, so pros and ams can play
Cons: - Many baskets in view of some tees
- A couple holes backtrack on each other, which when busy could be a problem with many discs flying around
- No holes to really air out and chuck it as far as you can
- Lots of non golfing pedestrians to watch for
- The park was kind of hard to get into, you had to snake all the way around the park to the entrance and go on this side road
Other Thoughts: It is an interesting course with a couple of nice additions. I didn't see any alligators, and I came here thinking I would see one. Definitely have to watch out for other people, both golfers and non. Come here if you are in the area because this is a nice solid course.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: great pads, great baskets, nice people. The signage is great, the course is easy to navigate.there are easy holes and some very challenging ones. the bell on # 2 is a nice touch. Varied pin placements add to the challenge. I will definitely be back.
Cons: can not think of any
Other Thoughts: The pro comments says it all. Wow what a great course. The league has done a great job. it is obvious that a lot of time and effort is put in to keep this course maintained. the league even has there own business cards. If you are in the area place this course.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: Beautiful course. Well groomed. Nice signage. Concrete tees. Very easy to navagate.
Cons: Cant think of any.
Other Thoughts: I would play it again in a heartbeat. It was my favorite course while visiting the Tampa area. Loved it.
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Tests every shot in disc golf
Pros: 1. Has different hole locations
2. Tests every type of shot in disc golf
3. Has some holes that have tight fairways and others where you can straight up bomb it.
Cons: 1. You can lose your disc in the water on a few holes if you're not safe but that's technically a challenge not a con
2. Like others have stated the course gets a little tight as you go to the last 5 holes
Other Thoughts: Course is really awesome and is right by a huge lake which is pretty when you go out to play.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Not what I was expecting
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: A variety of shots. Course has great tee sign and 2 pads and alternate pin positions on some of the holes. Great baskets and good signs that show you to the next tee. Course plays on the side of a lake, so the scenery is nice too.
Cons: Some of the holes are a bit too close together. This could be dangerous in a shotgun start tournament with players on every hole. Three or four of the holes play next to a walking path with exercise stations. I had to wait for seven minutes for 2 ladies to finish their exercise station just behind the basket to throw safely. There are several holes with extremely narrow fairways through lots of trees. This is not very interesting course design in my opinion.
Other Thoughts: Would be a better 12 hole course than 18 because you could get away from walking paths and spread the holes out a bit.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.