Orlando, FL
Hole #13 Blue Tee

Tunnel Shots!

1    2/19/2012   2/20/2012
Review By: Valet
Pros: I'm not from the Orlando area and am/was in the area for the week so I decided to check out a course. I ended up at The Turkeynator II, partly because of the name, but mostly because of the good ratings/reviews that it has received. I found the course to be in great shape. The locals that I spoke with were pleasant and helpful. I played the red tees. The tee signs were great and made the course easy to navigate. The tee pads were color coated and made it easy to find which one was "red". The baskets were logically placed and there were not any "gimmes". This course forced me to keep all of my shots down. It seemed like every shot was a tunnel shot, which I welcomed. That made it very challenging. Water came into play on one hole and I would call this the signature hole of the course. Precision is a must on this course. Parking was right there at the tee for hole 1 and basket for 18. Restrooms were available there as well. Park was well maintained and used by a lot of people although the disc golf course rarely came close to people using the park for other reasons.
Cons: A couple of the baskets could have used a bit of help. Hole 17 was a bit difficult to find the tee pad. The course was very flat. I know there isn't much that you can do w/ this when designing a course, but thought I'd point that out.
Other Thoughts: I would recommend this course to anyone who is in the area. I think the designer used the land and vegitation very well. While it isn't extremely difficult, it will test your accuracy off the tee, particularly your ability to keep your drives down. Enjoy!

2-4    10/23/2011   11/5/2011
Review By: jeffreyjeanshorts
Pros: Florida weather is hard to beat. Well mantained course.
Cons: Pay to play. The money is put to good use as seen in quality of park and facilities.
Other Thoughts: Played for first time in orlando open. Great time! Join orlando disc golf club.

Worth the drive

1    5/4/2011   5/4/2011
Review By: thisdoesfine
Pros: Variety. Bring all of your shots with you, you will be tested on all. Good length to the course, although I'm used to a 24 hole course, this 18 is long enough without being overwhelming. There are usually 3 tee's enabling all levels of players to get something out of the course. I enjoy big arms shots, although not many here, my arm did get tested. Scenery is nice, quite a bit of shade to help in the hot florida weather. There were bathrooms @ the beginning, always a plus. I did not have to go mid course but I do believe there were some, we were near campers a couple times. At the entrance to the park we asked where to go to find the course as it's in a park with many things to do. The help was very nice and even gave us a map of the courses (there are two here) when we mentioned playing disc golf. This map did help a couple of times when the sign for next tee was missing or we couldn't find it. On the back of the map there was even a scorecard to those that would like it. Although I mentioned this course is in a park setting, interruption due to campers etc was only a possible issue on one hole. Another plus, the bugs weren't bad at all. My home course is here in Florida and the no see ums or gnats or whatever you want to call them are horrible this time of year. Very pleasantly surprised they weren't near as bad here.
Cons: You have to pay to play. Water. I'm never a fan of losing discs to water hazards, I'm not rich. Perhaps if it wasn't Florida and the body of water wasn't home to the lovely alligator, I wouldn't mind so much. There was only one hole where water came into play. You have to throw a couple hundred feet over the edge of the lake to get to the basket. The 5 minutes I sat there contemplating which disc was ok to lose was not the best time spent. Now, I always play from the furthest away tee and there were two other options on this hole. One was a bit less of water to throw over but grass directly in front of the tee standing over 6' tall. The closest tee did not involve water unless you overshot or had a very bad angle but was really close to the basket. Luckily on this hole I brought my A game and landed within 10 feet of the basket for an easy 2. Next time I play the course I do believe I will be shooting this one from the closest tee. Other than the water hazard, a few holes were a bit hard to find, a couple of the signs weren't as clear as they could be about where the basket was.
Other Thoughts: Great course. I will definitely play it again. We drove about an hour and a half to play the course and it was well worth it. As I mentioned in the cons, the water is a negative but again, you don't have to throw over the water if you don't want to. I would highly suggest bringing something to drink with you just as any Florida course you should. Oh, and on your first time here, don't forget to ask about disc golf @ the gate to get your map.

The place to play in O-Town

1    10/8/2006   5/8/2008
Review By: denny ritner
This review was updated on 5/4/2011
Pros: One of the best courses in Florida. Requires real golf course management. Hitting lines, shaping shots, and placing the disc to set up second shots take a higher priority than pure crush.

Mulitple sets of tees appeal to a wide-variety of skill sets.

Some of the best holes you'll find anywhere.

Although initially rough with heavy schule, this course is rapidly becoming a beautiful gem.

Course pro and former world champ Gregg Hosfeld is very accesible and friendly for beginners and out-of-town visitors.

The park is beautiful and camping is available. No safety concerns, unlike Barnett Park.

Home to the new Orlando Area Disc Golf Club.
Cons: The ground is quite sandy throughout much of this course. The forced carry over the water on hole 16 is a bit much for some players.

The park closes fairly early in the evening.
Other Thoughts: Don't be a dirty discer. Leave the course cleaner than you found it!