North Garden, VA
Walnut Creek Park Share
Uploaded By: Olorin Hole #18 (Taken 2/2010)
3 / 255ft.   4 / 395ft.   3 / 300ft.   4 / 440ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #18 Approach (Long basket)

My Favorite

5+    8/9/2010   8/9/2010
Review By: VTPharaoh
Pros: -Beautiful views and scenery. Especially around sunset.
-Challenging
-Great layout. Starts and ends near parking area, but you never throw over another fairway.
-Well maintained and kept clean.
-Multiple baskets on some holes, and they move the others regularly to change it up.
Cons: -Pay to play before 6 pm Memorial to Labor Day
-Some people complain about gravel T-Pads but I like them. They can get soggy after a hard rain though.
- You will have to wait for the occasional biker to get out of the way.
Other Thoughts: I've played quite a few courses around the country including the one in Connifer, CO which is rated one of the highest on this site and I think Walnut Creek is just as good if not better. It's is a difficult course for beginners, but you only get better by playing harder courses. My game has improved dramatically playing here.

It has an excellent layout with a nice mix of open and wooded, distance and technical, and just all around fun holes. There is nothing I would change about this course. I know we're not supposed to comment on other people's posts, but svens06 post has a lot of exaggeration. There are only 3 holes (2 17 and 18) that you could possibly hit water unless you have HORRIBLE throws on other ones. I play around 2-3 times a week here and I rarely loose a disc anymore. The majority of holes are NOT on a hillside, however if you overshoot some there may be a hill behind it...make your puts and you shouldn't have a problem!

All in all I think this should be one of the top courses on this site. That's why I gave it a 5. It's not easy, so don't be discouraged if you don't shoot well. That doesn't mean it deserves a lower rating.

I hope to see you out there! I'm usually one of the only ones wearing a VT hat at a park in Charlottesville!