Staunton, VA
Kiwanis DGC Share
Uploaded By: Chutney Hole #1
Hole #1 Mid-Fairway: The yellow basket is visible on the left. The orange basket is roughly 270' from here tucked into the woods.

Almost

1    3/24/2010   4/20/2010
Review By: 1978
Pros: This course has some good moments. There are a few neat holes, some in the spring play over ponds where a wet disc is possible if you go for the pin. Luckily the ponds are shallow so getting your disc is not a problem. There are wooded and open holes and multiple basket locations. This makes for a very interesting course. Extra baskets definitely moved my rating up a bit. I played with a group of beginners and was able to show them almost every different type of shot I could think of. The variety of the course is a plus. I think half the holes were wooded and half open, and there were some decent bomb holes. The course was well maintained. I saw someone doing course maintenance while I played. It was awesome.
Cons: Layout layout layout. The first 9 is rough. It is almost like a spider designed the front 9. It is extremely confusing. You have to cross over or walk back down fairways multiple times. One hole throws over a road. Many of the tee locations are too close to adjacent fairways.
Other Thoughts: All in all a decent course for the area. I would play here if I lived nearby. It just doesnt hold up in layout, design, and looks to 3 rated courses in more developed disc golf towns. Compared to other local courses I would imagine this would be a 3 or so, but you can't review according to what is nearby. Definitely stop by if you are on your way north along RT 81. You will have fun.