Glencoe, IL
Watts Park Share
Uploaded By: notapro Hole #6 (Taken 9/2010)

1 2 Next >
 Good For a Quickie

5+    5/27/2009   5/27/2009
Review By: Nigel
Pros: Plenty of trees to provide a challenge; lots of opportunities for aces at this course
Cons: Broken basket on first hole, kids sometime crowd around the baskets on holes 3 & 5, just yell at them
Other Thoughts: The baseball field can bring out the brats, but the younger kids can't really hit any homers so DGers and outfielders never clash

Frolfing In A Neighborhood

1    5/10/2009   5/10/2009
Review By: Seananagins
Pros: Very Clean Park
Easy to figure out where you are shooting and where the next hole is
The 9th hole ads a little vertical twist that i enjoyed.
Cons: The first hole's basket is in disrepair and causes a difficult birdie if your second shot is further out.
The 9th hole's tee is in whacking distance of home plate of the baseball field the course shares the park with.
Other Thoughts: It is right by my parents house so its a good place to go to keep me in my game while I'm visiting, but I'm sure glad its not my home course or i'd die of boredom.

B = Bery Bery Nice 9-Holer

5+    7/19/2007   4/19/2009
This review was updated on 6/8/2009
Pros: Like many shorter 9-holers, I play this one with a midrange and putter. My review is based on that.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Quick and Easy if in area

1    6/20/2007   4/7/2009
Review By: coyotepower
Pros: Nice Trees, Clean Park, Noone else on course. Good for Beginners
Cons: Kinda Ho-hum. Not a ton of space
Other Thoughts: I figured I would post on this one since noone else has. I played this course on a trip home in June of 2007 with my Bro (his first time playing) Nice if you are in the area, Backs up to some backyards, some fairly decent holes nonetheless. Good for beginners. Small Park.

1 2 Next >