Brockport, NY
Sweden Town Park Share
Uploaded By: MattK
Practice Basket

Decent course, might need a chainsaw

1    6/15/2009   6/18/2009
Review By: InternationalLog
Pros: It was a decent wooded course. Some of the holes seemed inventive through the use of mandatories and basket placement. The park also has a nice restroom at the beginning/end of the course.
Cons: As stated before, Hole 1 is atrocious. There needs to be an amateur tee for that hole. Additionally, I feel that the tees needed to be more clearly marked, as it is difficult to determine where you are actually supposed to throw from. Sometimes a bit hairy in the woods.
Other Thoughts: Although the park is shared with many other activities, the disc golf course completely avoids potential problems with other park users.

Disc eating trees

7/12/2008   7/12/2008
Review By: MarkN
Pros: Many interesting holes, mostly wooded. Forces broad range of shots on relatively short but challenging holes. Most of the wooded holes lack understory, easy to find wayward discs. Course generally well marked.
Cons: This course strikes me as a bit sadistic, at least for someone as un-accurate as me, left me questioning several posted pars. Many holes have tight fairways, some with considerable brush that gobble discs (#1 & 9 in particular). Poison ivy adundant in spots (various holes in back 9).
Other Thoughts: Leave the distance driver at home, sunglasses won't do much good either.

Look out for baseball spectators peeing in the woods.

Still Under Construction

7/22/2007   7/25/2007
Review By: MattK
Pros: The course is very easy to navigate, signs do well to lead you from one hole to the next. Like a well groomed nature trail through the woods. Nice snack bar at the practice basket.
Cons: The course was not complete yet when I played it. Baskets 1 and 9 were not there yet, and there were only plans for tee markers. I'm sure these temporary issues will soon be fixed, but as I tell my students, "I can't grade based on potential."
In addition: you need some math to figure out the distance of each hole from what is marked on the signs. The front nine is totally separated from the back nine. The small pond in the course is just for show and really doesn't come into play; it would be neat if it did.
Other Thoughts: This has the potential to be a good course, but when I played it was only passable. I'm sure it is progressing as I type this, but even so I cannot see it ever matching Chestnut Ridge as far as shorter woods courses around here go.