Gorham, ME

1 2 Next >
 great

5+    9/14/2009   4/14/2010
Review By: eric.peavey
Pros: good variety of course, good atmosphere, plenty of parking. Long holes. Great difficulty level. no mosquito problems in summer.
Cons: grooming gets out of control. at some points, owners dont mow enough. pro shop has no discs 90% of the time.

Excellent

5+    11/8/2009   11/8/2009
Review By: Salient-ScottP
Pros: Very fun course to play. 2 long 800+ ft holes and the wood holes are also pretty good. Makes for a very fun day of DG. Always have a good time when I am at BAP. Did lose a disc today though on hole 12 in the trees to the far left. Purple Innova Vaylkarie
Cons: Only thing is some long grass will eat disc's.

the 'rough' is ROUGH

5+    7/27/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: xZombiEx
This review was updated on 3/20/2010
Pros: This course has it all! VERY long holes, short holes, and lots of elevation changes. Holes 5-8 move through the woods for an added challenge, The rest of the course is primarily field play. Also a 9 hole putting area for a warm-up.
Cons: The grass in the 'rough' is SO LONG that it is entirely possible to lose a disc for 20 minutes when it only goes three or four feet into the tall grass. Also, the owner deals primarily with paintball, so the pro shop is never adequately stocked. Make sure to bring all the discs you will need for the day.
Other Thoughts: When I was in college this was my home course because it is 3 miles from where I went to school. Overall this is a quality course and deserves a play through, but I have observed the same negative aspects for the last 4 years.

nice course

1    8/4/2009   8/9/2009
Review By: dukdukgolf
Pros: really loved this course. layout was great. tee pads were good. elevation changes and a few crazy holes makes it very fun course/ some early holes in the woods were really great holes i thought. 2 800+ holes were also nice.
Cons: pro shop had no discs for sale but the guy said some were coming in like the following day. Couple tees were difficult to find.
Other Thoughts: certainly worth the 5 bux,,,i really liked it.

Wow this place has some length

6/28/2008   6/28/2008
Review By: capedcodder
Pros: As a player who loves to throw far, this was my favorite course in Maine. The long par 5's are great for a long thrower but I can see where it could get intimidating. I think this is the best and most challenging course I played in Maine (out of 8 courses). If you like to rip a disc as far as you can from the top of a hill, this is the course for you.
Cons: This place is all about paintball so if you don't mind the noise its okay but I thought it was pretty annoying to be hearing all the shots and yelling when I was putting on hole 18. Most of the course is far enough away that you don't notice. Same for the proshop, lots of paintball, not alot of discs.
Other Thoughts: We played there the morning of an afternoon tourney so the place was immaculate. I don't know if its always like that.

Fantastic

6/29/2007   4/4/2008
Review By: ZMan44
Pros: Disc golf in Maine is becoming amazing. This course had some amazingly unique designs. 2 LONG par 5s. I remember one hole that had a steep hill (about 20 feet) and the pin was on top of the hill. Very cool layout. Course has wooded holes and open holes. Short and long. Hyzer and an hyzer. Tough, long round of disc golf, and i wouldn't trade any minute of it.
Cons: Everything in Maine is pay to play, but a lot of courses, including this one, are on land owned by individuals. I definitely understand the need to collect money because of the required maintenance.
Other Thoughts: Being from Tennessee, you wouldn't think I would go to Maine a lot...but I do because of family I have there. This last time I went I decided to take my discs. Security at the airport in New Hampshire almost didn't let me through because the didn't know what these discs I had were for. That was a unique adventure. But I was so glad i made it to Maine with my discs. I took two newbies with me...that was a mistake as it took them both about 13 throws just to get close on the Par 5s. But I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to go back to Maine and check out some of the other area courses. I have heard good things about a lot of them.

Worth $5

5/26/2007   6/22/2007
Review By: innovaetor
Pros: Mowed fairways, variety, elevation (one hole drops almost 100ft). Cool putting course to warm up on.
Cons: You have to pay for golf in Maine, lots of ticks and garbage.
Other Thoughts: Took me almost 3hrs to play solo, shot 60 which I thought was good, then I found out the course record is a seemingly impossible 47.

1 2 Next >