Idaho Falls, ID
Freeman Park DGC Share
3 / 357ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

2-4    7/29/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: toucan2306
Pros: -What caught my eye first was the wood signs that were very accurate with trees, trains, and water.
-Very open grass fields with trees making for some imaginitive shots.
-Distances vary for the long bombs to the tight shots.
-The creek makes for a great hazard but does not run the risk of losing a disc.
Cons: -The second time we played was on a Sunday afternoon, the park was a lot busier and shots had to be timed between crowds.
-There are some shady characters in the park, just keep your head up.
Other Thoughts: During a 15 hour drive we took the hour stop and played this course a second time. I found this course to be one of my favorite courses in the west coast so far. Just so many fun shots, long and short.

Curbman32

5+    8/1/2011   8/2/2011
Review By: bldiehl
Pros: Challenging pin locations, and quite a panaramic view.

Hole 15 can get some phenominal distance because of the wind coming over the hill. It is a 600 foot hole and can easily be made in 3. With a little luck and the right throw it can be done in 2.
Cons: There is a little creek that runs through holes 4 through 8 that can be difficult to locate disks in. Yellow and white disks are most easily found in the creek.

Hole 13 if you throw with a left handed turn on your disk you can easily wind up in the Snake River and it is impossible to retrieve a lost disk in there.
Other Thoughts: I play on this course daily, and it is a terrific course to play on!

Fun but super rough.

1    7/21/2011   7/21/2011
Review By: Wagpup
Pros: -Holes are mostly very different. Going up hill, down hill, thru trees, over a small river.
-Very spread out holes.
-Varing distance of holes.
-Concrete driving pads
-Good signs.
Cons: -Got lost a couple times, because I didn't have a map.
Other Thoughts: This is one of the best courses I've ever played. I saw it had a rating of 4 and thought because it was the only serious course in town that it got bloated with comparative ratings. But it deserves a 4 or better. It would be a 5 if there was some map somewhere (I could of missed it somewhere) Very Recommonded.

Great Fun!

5+    6/13/2010   6/26/2010
Review By: Topher
Pros: -Concrete tees
-attractive wooden signs at each tee showing distance/par/obstacles
-BEAUTIFUL PARK
-good use of creek in front nine
-very friendly locals
-challenging, yet still good for beginners
Cons: -almost always a bit of a breeze, if not a high wind
-occasional events during summer months sometimes impede certain holes
Other Thoughts: I grew up here, but actually started playing after I moved away. Play here everytime I visit family, it is the second best course I've been too. Lot's of fun, helps you master longer drives (which I desperately need) as well as some technical shots. I would definitely recommend bringing heavier discs you have them, due to this course I haven't bought a single disc lighter than 165.

Another note: previous reviews talked about the ampitheatre being in the way for hole 10, but it is actually in between holes 9 and 10. However, if people are using it you may have them wandering into either one of the fairways so keep a look out- usually there are little kids too.

Overall I would highly recommend this course to anyone travelling through the area.

5+    6/18/2008   6/19/2008
Review By: High Flyer
This review was updated on 7/1/2009
Pros: Good mix of par 3 and par 4s. Well maintained park. Elevation changes, a creek, and a variety of trees create different challenges. A couple nice long distance drives on the back nine.
Cons: Plenty of pine trees to catch your discs.
Other Thoughts: The more courses I play, the more I come back to this one as my favorite.