Muskegon, MI
McGraft Park Share
3 / --   3 / 240ft. Par / Distance:

California guys says "nice course!"

1    11/2/2011   11/5/2011
Review By: Alpinemaps
Pros: Course was busy on a Wednesday morning in November, which tells me it's enjoyed by the locals. Talked to another player on another course, who recommended the course to me as an out-of-towner.

As an out-of-towner from San Diego, I really enjoyed the course. It was windy and cold, but not unexpected for November.

I enjoyed the variety of the course, as there were some wooded/tree-lined holes, some short holes, some long holes, some wide-open holes.

As someone that is used to wide-open courses, this course was challenging, and a course that I enjoyed. As I walked the course, I wished my local buddies could have played with me. This is a course that would be heavy in our rotation.
Cons: Finding holes, especially on the front 9, was a challenge. The course map is sorely out of date. There were times when I'd throw a hole, to discover I was throwing at the wrong basket, and had to restart the hole.

The distances and pars are not marked. The course map and descriptions here indicate short and long tees, but they don't actually exist for all holes.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I really enjoyed this course. Being from California, I'm not used to courses like this where I play. I really enjoyed this, and look forward to playing this course again (hopefully before I leave on this current visit). This course would be my "home" course if I lived in town.

The conditions were pretty good, considering the weather conditions. I enjoyed the narrow lanes on some of the holes, and the wide-open-ness of other holes.

The short/long tees are annoying - sometimes they exist, other times they don't. Sometimes, the short and long tees are right next to one another. On one hole (#15), the short tee is about half way to the hole from the long tee. The inconsistancy is bothersome, but didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the course.

I enjoyed having to throw through all the trees - you really have to plan your shots.

Really looking forward to playing this course every time I'm in Muskegon. Did notice an old sign for a nighttime winter league (starting January 2011) - don't know if I'd be willing to try that, but I commend you locals for doing it. Sounds like a good time!

McGraft

5+    5/26/2010   5/27/2010
Review By: Creepy Anhyzer
Pros: McGraft is my home course I have been playing here for about 4 years. It is in a popular city park. There is a baseball field next to hole 1 where you can warm up or test your distance. Holes 1-6 swing around a tennis court and are fairly easy. Hole 7 is a tough shot that drops down a sled hill and into a open field and in my opinion is tied with 15 for coolest holes.
Cons: The course really could use a lot of work and it is a very popular park in the summer which can lead to a lot of garbage laying around. The tee pads also could use a upgrade. In some places roots or mud can make you stumble or slip. There are water hazards on holes 10, 16 and 18. Several areas of the course are covered in leaves that will cover up your disc and make it very hard to find. The course in general needs a 100% make over and with a little work could be a 4 out of 5
Other Thoughts: Cement Tee pads would be cool
Leagues used to be every Monday at 6 but I'm not sure if they have resumed because Whitehall Leagues have become really well organized and are greater in attendance.

1    9/10/2008   9/10/2008
Review By: DR.M
Pros: every hole requires somthing different like a different disc or a different shot. some holes are long and others are on hills and others are short but have trees in the way or is a tight fairway shot. its a fun course to play and a good learners course.
Cons: Easy to lose discs in the wooded holes or 16-18. hole ten has a big water hazard to the right so try to throw low or throw a forehand shot so it will go towards the street. hazardos water so if a disc goes into the water.....goodluck.
Other Thoughts: try not to throw into the trees thinking "oh ill be able to get through" no you won;t because there is always another tree in the way.

McGraft Park

1    8/24/2008   8/25/2008
Review By: Hyramdubya
Pros: Good variety of holes, some were very open with only a few large trees to avoid. Others were tight shots through wooded areas. The pins were in good conditions and the scenery was beautiful outside the park area. It is by a creek and large river. The creek and the river are water hazards on 2-3 of the holes.
Cons: Without a map (if you're a first timer here) it will be hard to navigate this course. I will add a map to the links on this courses page. Some of the tee boxes are hard to find, and the course is just a little run down.
Other Thoughts: Overall I liked this course and I would play it again if I was in the Muskegon area.

McGraft

7/26/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: defenjh
Pros: Changes from very open to very densely wooded. A couple holes have some very large elevation changes, which are cool.
Cons: Hole 16 is very easy to lose discs in, because of a water hazard. Also, all the water you find on the course has hazardous waste signs, so it's not great. About 4 holes are very densely wooded and a shot left or right of target could mean a lost disc.
Other Thoughts: Really only 2 holes have the nasty water hazard and this is my home course, It's nice to play at overall.