Deforest, WI
Vallarta-Ast DGC Share
Uploaded By: puttlikeablowfly Hole #25 (Taken 5/2012)
Hole #25 Approach

Worth the money

5+    7/5/2013   7/15/2013
Review By: Lanomode
Pros: Additional 9 holes this year making it 27 now. Probably because of the cost, it's not full of high schoolers smoking weed. You can actually play with out having to wait behind people.
Cons: Some holes are a bit easy, but just move back to the pro tee and it'll add a little more difficulty. Some have extremely tall weeds to lose a disc in on the sides of the fairways.
Other Thoughts: Some courses, 18 just isn't enough. The $8 you're supposed to pay is worth it here for 27 well maintained holes.

Grip N' Rip

1    5/30/2013   6/1/2013
Review By: ToneRay
Pros: - Lots of opp's to get out your drivers
- Well-maintained
- Great signage
Cons: - $8 to play, but more understandable once I saw that every hole was mowed, and all else maintained like new
Other Thoughts: Special thanks to Dan, Brad, and "Sticks" for guiding my inaugural round here. Very enjoyable and informative.

Best Mad Town Course!

5+    7/11/2011   3/23/2013
Review By: Jmpviper
Pros: Many of the holes are wide open and you just throw through fields. A good test to see if you can out drive your buddies. The holes while not overly simple are easy enough to do. A small chance of losing your disc in any tall grass or trees.
Cons: It's an expensive course to play. When I first started to play it was around $3 or $4 for an all day pass. Last time I had heard it was around $8 a day. Awesome course but that is pricey. Uses the trust system to pay. If you decide not to and a park ranger catches you I'm sure that you are looking at a much steeper ticket. Your call!
Other Thoughts: Worth the price just to try out the course. This one is one of my top three favorites.

Great Course, but Overpriced

5+    9/18/2012   12/19/2012
Review By: ajkuck
This review was updated on 8/26/2015
Pros: Overall, the course is in awesome shape and it's an added bonus with 9 extra holes now. The maintenance of the course is very well kept, with quality tee pads, signs, and for the most part, clean fairways. The course has a variety of shots both in the open and in the woods and there are also plenty of birdie opportunities, which makes for a fun round. The course is also noticeably less busy than Elver and Hiestand.
Cons: The $8 daily pass is quite expensive for this course, even though it is 27 holes. Blue Ribbon Pines in MN is 27 holes and only $5 to play and puts this course to absolute shame. Unlike Elver and Hiestand, this course lacks elevation change unfortunately.
Other Thoughts: I am glad to see that the fees for this course seem to be going right back into it though. It's a great change of pace from Elver and Hiestand.

Best Course in Madison

5+    11/14/2012   12/11/2012
Review By: beeyang78
Pros: Dual Tees with three pin placements that change every week.
Each pin placement has its own challenges.
Very well manicured.
Not as busy as the other Madison courses.
Lots of variety and long and shorts holes.
Great course to work on your distance.
Only $45 for the season pass and in 2013, there will be another course (Lake Farm County Park) that will use this same pass.
Cons: The only con for me is the new 9 holes have shorter tee pads. The daily pass is a con because it is $8, but because I buy the season pass for $45, it is worth it for me. It's not a con if you live in Madison, but for a traveller who may only play once or twice, it would be a con.
Other Thoughts: This is my favorite course in Madison. I usually get out and play at least 3-4 days a week when it is open and there is still daylight after work. I enjoy playing from the long tees and ripping it. This is a great course to practice distance on and won't punish you as much on errant throws. The long tees and long pin placements will challenge even the Pro players.

Very nice except price.

2-4    10/4/2012   10/6/2012
Review By: wolfhaley
Pros: 27 holes! The more holes on a course the better in my opinion.Two sets of huge, flared concrete tee pads on all holes. Benches and trash cans on all holes. Navigation was only a problem between 5 and 6. Just required a little extra walking but a sign would be helpful here. Very nice Mach 5 baskets. I'm a fan of the Mach baskets and these catch very well here. There are 3 sets of pin locations on all the holes as well which I don't understand why more courses don't do. Restrooms Available right next to hole 2 I believe it was. Camping on site in what appeared to be a good sized well maintained multi use park. Very large tee signs with hole #, a basic hole layout and distances and locations for all possible pin placements. The park was extremely well maintained and mowed which it should be for the price. The first 18 original holes are more fun than the newer 9. Theres more woods involved on them making it more challenging. I could see losing a disc as a possibility here but its hard for me to say since I went in October. The "island hole" on 22 is a cool idea for making a water hazard like challenge on a course with no water. The wind was a huge factor when I went, especially the last 9. Very easy to find the course, just minutes off I-94. I wouldn't think this would ever be TOO busy, there was one other car when we went at first and 3 when we left. I'd recommend giving this one a shot, I had a real nice time here.
Cons: $8 a day is very high. Highbridge is the only other that I've played thats more but that has 6 18 hole courses on site. Not the most peaceful course in that its just off of I-94 so theres the constant sound of traffic. So I personally wouldn't recommend camping here because of this. Also there must be an airport nearby as there were planes and helicopters flying all over too. The last nine newer holes were all mostly open and bland except 22's "island hole". Other than that not much. Really solid course, just not Phenomenal.
Other Thoughts: All in all i had a real fun couple rounds here. You can tell that at least your $8 is going towards the course. Elver and Hiestand in Madison are very close by as well. I've never played them but they are supposed to be outstanding courses . I have played Bird's Ruins in Marshall and would recommend that one and its only about 20 minutes east. That would make for a good day of discin'.

Very Impressed

2-4    8/20/2012   8/23/2012
Review By: diggs11pond
Pros: This course is clean, well kept and diverse. There are a good number of holes that you can really let go as well as some very technical holes. The nice thing about the rest is they truly combine distance and accuracy to avoid well placed trees.

Pay to play has apparently paid off in this park. It is by far the nicest I've been to in Wisconsin.
Cons: The only con I could come up with is that the short holes are kind of bunched together, but that is such a small issue it almost doesn't matter.
Other Thoughts: I have no issue with paying to play especially when the park is kept in such stellar condition. I hope more parks/municipalities/counties follow suit with some of the better courses to keep them at a higher level and to deter less than respectful/responsible players.

5+    8/6/2012   8/7/2012
Review By: #19325
Pros: The land is rather flat with a mix of open, to scattered trees, to tunnels. The turf is regulary mowed. There is a very nice kiosk near hole #1.

Huge concrete tee pads. 2 per hole. Shorts/Longs. Some benches.

Multiple pin positions. 3 per hole.

Between the 2 tee pads and 3 pin positions there is a ton of variety on the course. You'll throw pretty much every shot on this course if you play both sets of tees. Even with these it's easy to navigate.

The tee signs are very nice! They still look brand new.

Awesome DGA Mach 5 baskets.

This is one of the most well kept courses that I have played.

The course has recently been expanded to 27 holes. The more golf the better!
Cons: I don't mind pay to play but if you are only playing 1 round for $8.00 it's rather expensive.

This course is very flat and rather open in places. It lacks that extra elevation or water to get the next half disc bump in rating from me.
Other Thoughts: The course has recently been expanded to 27 holes.

This is my personal taste. I actually think Heistand & Elver are both considerably better courses than Token due to the type of land. If they were maintained as much as this course the reviews would reflect it. I love going to Madison. I usually hit all 3 in one day.

Well Maintained, but Easy...

1    7/29/2012   7/30/2012
Review By: steinkecm
Pros: It's really well maintained. The money is put to good use.
Cons: It's just too easy. Even the distance from the long tees is not that daunting. At least playing from the listed pars. Sub 600 feet par 5's? Thank you for the eagle. :)
Other Thoughts: I would have like the see Innova baskets in, but the Mach 5's do their job.

5+    8/20/2011   8/26/2011
Review By: smyith
This review was updated on 8/28/2011
Pros: - Super well manicured!
- Am and Pro Level Cement Teepads
- Multiple Pin Placements
- Very aesthetically pleasing
- Some well guarded greens
- Benches on almost every hole
- Easy to navigate
- Pro pads have lots of blind holes
- Wind plays a big factor
- Lots of places to open up and crank out a long drive
- Very easy to navigate, little need to walk fairways to find pin
- Good tee signs
Cons: - FLAT
- Kind of repetitive
- Basic Shots are all that are required for good scores. Flat hyzers and slight turnovers dominate the tee shots.
- $8 to play the 3rd best course in the area. $10 additional for your dog (Not holding the latter against the course but the park policies).
- Watch your disc when it heads for the long grass and pine trees
- The wooded holes were cleared out too much making them easy to hit your line.
Other Thoughts: This course is a bit of a let down when compared to the other two 18 hole courses. Being that its pay to play i expected it to be really amazing. But its flat and doesn't require you to be very skilled.
The shorts are more of a REC level layout. Most of the holes are reachable for deuce opportunities. I am not calling this a pitch-n-putt in anyway. Your deuces have got to be earned but their there. Developing INT players will also find reward in playing the shorts.
The longs are more for INT and ADV players. The lines are similar to the shorts but several holes become blind. The real challenge here is the length and being decently accurate in your placement.
I would give this course a 3.25 if I could. The shorts are 3.0 and the longs are a 3.5. Although the amenities are nice I just dont think its that great of a pay-to-play compared to others. If it were free I would probably give it a solid 3.5. Of all the pay-to-plays I've played I would rate this last. It doesn't leave me with an urge to play it again and definitely not worth $8.