1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Update since my review a few years ago:
-Baskets and teepads are good
-Lots of variety
-The pond on 2&3 has changed and now it is feasible to go for it now. I love it
-Next tee arrows in the ground
-Benches and trash cans
-Had a good time today and it's definitely better than I remember it.
Cons: All of my cons from my 2010 review are gone.
- Hole 1 is now just a short straight "warmup" toss
- kind of a long walk between 14 and 15 I think it was
- A few blind shots, but nothing a quick walk ahead wouldn't figure out
Other Thoughts: After playing this course again, I really like it. Lots of variety, quite a few longer holes, good use of the terrain.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 7 Not
Cons: There was no first hole-spent half an hour looking for it.
The Tees were very poorly marked.
From each pod you had no idea where the hole was.
Some holes were placed very very poorly such as at the edge of a lake or surrounded by thick brush and trees.
After hole 14 there is a bridge that goes across a swamp but the bridge is sinkiing into the water. There are also holes in it. The worst part is that it was not marked and there was no warning ahead of time.
Other Thoughts: Overe all it was a very bad course. The layout of each tees was just terrible.There would be pods with a strait fairway ahead. but once you threw it you had no idea where the hole was. After a while looking for it. you would realize that it was tucked in the deep brush 100 feet ahead and then to the right.
2 of 9 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Nice park, Well maintained for the most part with a wonderful variety of holes that make for a challenge. Large cement tee pads which are definitely a plus and beautiful new baskets. many elevation change shots which add to the course. Hole 18 especially, shooting downhill to the tee next to a water hazard, that was great fun. the layout was fun, shooting through forest into the open, many doglegs that added a challenge.
Cons: NO SIGNAGE. this was a terrible disappointment for my first time at this course. I was unable to find the first hole and the tee to the second so I had to start at #3. Lack of signage made it very difficult to find the right hole as many baskets were in close proximity to one another or hidden from view. I was unable to play 15,16, 17 because the path to them was threw a swamp with heavy foliage on either side and you have to cross on a narrow floating bridge. I got about 75' in and had to turn around because I was calf high in muddy swamp water and part of the bridge was missing so I could go no further. There are signs in the ground at each basket that point you to the next tee though, but sometimes those could be misleading because there were two right next to each other.
Other Thoughts: I rate courses not simply on the obvious conditions but also on how much fun it was. missing 5 holes because there was no signage or because certain holes could not be reached because of bridge issues this course was not fun. although this course had many things I look for in a great course they seem to have overlooked some very basic things. If you are going to spend the money to get new baskets and maintain a beautiful park, get some signs. Finally I believe the course map on this site is old and some of the holes have been changed.
6 of 8 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Better if it was maintained
Pros: Good variation. Wooded and open, elevation changes, holes that curve left and right, short and long holes.
Nice use of bushes and obstacles make this course more challenging than others around it.
Arrows to next tee pad.
Cons: Kinda confusing layout if it's your first time since there is no 1st hole right now. Gets really buggy in the back of the course. Lots of trash and graffiti.
The bridge between 14 and 15 is now underwater and you must walk all the way around, walk up the fairway on and use the path on the left to play 15.
Other Thoughts: Would be nice if there was more maintenance done. There is too much trash and graffiti for my liking and walking around the swamp bridge is a far walk.
I played with old locals of this course and the first few years it was a beautiful course and the lake was much smaller. Sad to see a good course get let go by poor maintenance.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Great shots, lotsof good mixes between long and short holes
Cons: seriously? the bridge in the swamp? i got trapped in the middle for about 45 minutes since the wood sinks and stays down.. no direction/hole lay out short tee pads flooded all over the place/
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Seymour Lake course
Pros: I liked that they had a bit of everything throughout the course! Nice bright markers on the baskets.
Cons: Not very easy to navigate through and the course was under construction. Do not go over the long bridge through the swap!!!!
Other Thoughts: It seemed to be windy but it was an odd day!
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Looking better these days...
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Designed and opened in 2001 by "Mr. Discraft" Jim Kenner, Seymor Lake (AKA Devils Ridge) is a larger park and a nice area for a DG course. A little water, a few elevation changes, open and wooded holes, it has a little of everything and serves the area's DG needs well.
Some of the highlights...
1. It's FREE to play here. No park pass or course fee to play.
2. Encouraging Design ~ The first few holes are out in the "mostly" open fields. You can work on your D without fear of hitting the first tree on the right. They also cut the grass more than once a year, so losing a disc in waist deep grass is rare. Rough/OB is more forgiving than most courses I've played.
3. Signature Shots ~ You get to throw from the top of a sledding hill over a big pond. Pretty cool unless it lands in it and it's your only disc. A few other holes also have some unique designs that you don't see everyday. There used to be this LONG pallet bridge that was challenging to cross. I'll never forget those days.
4. No Wait times ~ The DG course is not overly crowded. You still get a few punks messing around breaking stuff but we never had crazy wait times like nearby Stony Creek.
5. Good baskets and tee pads. No spit-outs if you know how to putt clean. Last I heard they are all back in working order.
6. Course Improvements ~ Thanks to some great community involvement by locals and businesses the course has made a turn for the better. People are returning to the course and are very pleased with the changes.
Cons: Just a couple minor things that bugged me over the years...
1. Mysteriously Windy ~ I'd be damned, somehow it's ALWAYS windy when we've played here. It can really throw your game off track especially on those open holes in the front. It can't be windy here all the time can it?
2. Very Busy Park ~ There is a ton of other things going on at the park. Soccer, softball, baseball, playgrounds, waterpark, etc. It can get crowded at the park on any given day. Soccer field near the back makes you think twice about huking it to the basket.
3. Vandalism ~ This was getting to be a little too much with benches and tee signs broken. They had a few signs saying that there are cameras watching the course, but I'm sure it's just BS. Last I heard there has been improvements to the course but it's been a while since I've been able to play here to know for sure.
Other Thoughts: Knowing what it takes to get courses in the ground, I appreciate all the hard work that was done to make this course a reality. My hope is that DGer's can do their best to keep the place nice and in the ground for a long time.
I hope I'll be able to give the place a 4.0 the next time I can get out there.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Love this course
Pros: Challenging course with a nice mix of wide open holes and wooded holes.
Hole 2 is probably my favorite hole to shoot out of any course.
Cons: Someone stole the first basket so you start at hole 2 over the pond now.
Other Thoughts: It's a great course and it's well worth the drive no matter where you live!
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Awesome course planning and maitnence. Good variety of holes, always keeps your game at best.Loved the back nature trail to 16 very nice walk.
Cons: Course and hole maps/descriptions would be great. Also next hole markers could be better presented.
Other Thoughts: Great play, course is changing hole design from one to another. Good play from amature to pro.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Some variety in holes. A few wooded holes. Good upkeep. A lot of good driving holes
Cons: No maps or signs make it extremely difficult to follow the course. I had to walk around to find the right pin for a lot of the holes. Not a lot of technical holes.
Other Thoughts: Overall it's a pretty decent course. I'd rate it a little higher if they had some sort of map or signs.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.