Grants Pass (Merlin), OR
Indian Mary Park Share
Uploaded By: nevermore321 Hole #8 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 187ft.   3 / 207ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

My favorite course in this area

5+    6/6/2009   6/6/2009
Review By: Zerox169
Pros: Beautiful scenery, great layout, and as many easy holes as challenging. Its also a great place to bring people who do not disc golf plenty for all to do at the park it self.
Cons: On holes 4 and 5 it is possible to run in to campers, but not a big deal. Hole 6's basket is near the large bbq hosting area so it is occasionally possible to get people in the way here too.
Other Thoughts: Over all this is a lovely park, and great place to play all year round, better in the summer because the bathrooms are open and the drinking fountains are turned on. There is also an unwriten rule at this park and any park ranger or attended will tell you, "if you're on the offical course, you're fair game." So you really only have to worry if you throw off the fairway.

Camping Fun course

2-4    7/11/2008   5/10/2009
Review By: The Ghostman
Pros: maps at the ranger station
yurts for camping
playground for kids
river on site for fishing or swimming
campers don't come into play on most holes
Can see the baskets easily from tee pads

at least 3 bathrooms
no poison oak, that I could find

Cons: Campers come into play on one hole #4 I think

Other Thoughts: I actually liked this course. I played it after Lake Selmac, so it was of course shorter and less challenging. However, I was hooked by the time I got to Indian Mary and I was glad to see that there was a course at this campground. I played at least a couple of times through and wasn't disappointed. If you were hunting for great places to golf, you might want to go elsewhere. If you want a nice place to camp with the family this place was nice and the golf was a bonus.

TEMP. REVIEW

1    12/26/2008   12/27/2008
Review By: ninja-don
This review was updated on 7/2/2010
Pros: --- Just because I played this course during a crappy time of the year doesn't change the fact that during that part of the year the course was not good, and is why my review says so... knowing this before you read on, please don't say my review isn't helpful because you disagree with my score.

(THIS IS A TEMP. REVIEW -> Since this course was played in the winter when the park was pretty much shut down.)
PROS: Well it looks like it could be a fun course.
Baskets are all white and easy to spot. Detailed maps at the toll booth.
Two tee boxes for each basket.
There were a few good elevation changes, and a few different shot types.
Cons: (I like free courses but still don't mind paying) this course was on a state park so it is $2.00 per car to get in.
Baskets were home made and made well, but only had a single ring of chains, which I've seen a disc go through the chains and bounce off the center poll out of the baskets as well and a disc going through both sides of the chains past the poll and out the other side.
The tee pads are dirt (mud in the rain) and are marked only by a 4 by 4 laying across the front of the tee box area. It looked like they had painted the number and par on the top of them.. but it was mostly faded on all of them and un-readable. These 4 by 4's also presented a trip hazard since they were at least 3 to 5 inches higher than the rest of the tee area from prolong use and erosion. The tee areas also had un-even ground and roots coming through them, as well and being spread out to the sides from players making their own tee area.
There was no one at all at this park when I was there and I still felt crowed for some reason.
Course flow was not very good.
No distance markers on the tees, no numbers on the baskets... without a map this course is close to un-playable.
If it's wet, don't go... it's a muddy course.
Other Thoughts: I still plan to go back in the summer and hopefully they will have painted the numbers again.
(I only played 9 holes, and it was raining so the rating could be higher in the summer and with the park getting a little more work.)
They need concrete tee boxes not just for the golfers, but to save the ground as well.
They need tee signs that are not at ground level if they don't get tee boxes that are more visible.
Need more chains on the baskets.
I WILL RE-REVIEW THIS COURSE IN THE SUMMER.