Nice Little Course
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Every hole presents a challenge, no "gimme" holes. Course uses a lot of trees as obstacles.
Cons: Walking paths run through course; pedestrians can interfere with play. Hole 8 can be dangerous for the volleyball players that you shoot over.
Other Thoughts: Nice course, can get busy on the weekends.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Warren Township Park review
Pros: Very nice, short course if you're in the Chicago area. Good tree obstacles in the course and one water hazard plus a couple fun downhill shots.
Cons: This is a short course and some shots not so challenging. I actually hit a basket from first drive on my first time playing this course.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 3 Not
Warren twp park
Pros: Good course with good signage. Variety in fairway in the woods. Hole variety. Hole 8 is fun and right off the topp of the sledding hill. Nice finishing hole. Fun deuce opportunities as well as some difficult 3s. Well maintained nice park
Cons: Tee pads. A lot of the land is not used. Can shoot -5 easily. Not very long. Hole 8 would be sweet if it was 400 ft
Other Thoughts: Nice beginner course. One of the better Chicagoland nines
4 of 7 people found this review helpful.
10 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Warren Township Center is a great facility which includes a skate park, playground, tennis courts, basketball courts, football fields, softball fields, walking trails, sled hill, and more. This is a great place to bring the family.
Signs help you find the first tee on there course.
The course plays amongst large trees. There is no rough at all. The first 7 holes are flat with #8 playing from the top of the sled hill and #9 basket raised up with a pond backstopping it.
For playing in the woods it's doesn't get too muddy. There are nice wood chip fairways.
It has nice DGA Mach 3 Baskets.
Most of the cement tee pads are nice and large. Holes #5 and #7 have a long and short pads.
There are some challenging shots with a good mix of distances. Even though there are a lot of trees it is beginner friendly since it lacks rough.
Cons: #1 and #9 tee pads are very short.
#1 can have standing water in the fairway. If you play the shot down the middle it is a good mid range turnover shot. The designer left open the right side for a righty to throw the hyzer out and around. Poor design.
#8 used to be a really nice long downhill shot but they moved the pin shorter and right next to the volleyball court.
A walking path comes into play on many holes. This course has quite a few pedestrians walking around. Please be careful.
This course can be difficult to navigate. Many tee signs missing and vandalized.
This course has been tweaked and changed since it was installed in 2004. The photos in these pictures are incorrectly numbered and a few are no longer the same.
Check out my Illinois Top 10.
10 of 11 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
Best maintained course . . . alightly above average layout . . . ok difficulty.
Pros: 1) This is by far the best maintained park and course I have ever seen. It is obvious when you pull in what you are going to be playing. Signage directing you all around, a big Hole #1 disc golf sign (although the sign that tells you where to park for disc golf is wrong you should park to the right of that sign by the sled hill). The park has so many activities and people seem to flock to this property for their recreational needs.
2) Facilities to use multiple times through the course (not usually necessary for a 9 hole disc golf course) but it goes to show how much this community appreciates this park.
3) Mulch path runs from hole to hole and even shows you the fairway on multiple holes. Off to the sides in those wooded holes however they have obviously cleaned things up. There dont look to be too many stumps and all of the leaves and debris must get removed from time to time because it was very clean.
4) Nice variety in his course design. There is a downhiller off the sled hill which is cool. There is a basket tucked about 15' short of a pond that you cant see (but can assume it is a pond behind the basket). They have some nice wooded holes on the rest of the course. There isn't a single wide open hole which is positive. There are some trees affecting how you play all the other 7 holes.
5) Holes turn different directions forcing different shots which is nice.
6) Beginner friendly. Something I always like to see. If oyu bring a beginner here they will most certainly want to play again because it isnt too punishing, and it is very scenic and very clean and well maintained.
6) Nice big concrete tee pads on 7 of the holes. There are a couple small ones which I mentioned down below.
Cons: 1) Too many activities and other things going on to safely have a disc golf course during the mid day. I got their when it opened so I only had a few walkers to worry about, but mid day I would assume you would encounter too many other people and other activites.
2) Short stubby tee pads on a couple holes. They went to the effort of making them a trapezoid shape which I like, but they didnt hardly allow a runup even (maybe 6 feet long).
3) Distances on the signs seemed wrong, I think they have not been updated since the course recently changed. I think theonly holes that changed were #1, 2 and maybe 3.
4) Move the basket away from the volleyball courts on #8 it is too close and an errant or weak shot will curve left right into the court.
5) Fences on the #8 hole are also in the way. I know they are there to protect the courts and the pavilion but just move the basket up to the right under the big oaks and you will have a better hole to begin with and one that won't bring other people into harms way.
Other Thoughts: As I said this is the best maintained course I have ever seen. it is 5 years old and shows no signs of wear. It has recently been changed slightly. It is an average to above average layout and challenge. It isn;t very difficult because the distances are short enough to have one errant throw per hole and still be able to recover for par.
Great overall experience!
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
Fun Nine Holer
Pros: A great nine hole course with noth wooded and open holes. Its very good considering that its only nine holes. It might look easy, but all the trees produce quite a challenge. Many of the holes are very ace-able. Hole 8 is probably my favorite hole on the course. You throw of a decent sized hill and watch your disc catch the wind and land by the basket. This is one of the few completely open holes on the course. This hole would also be a great one to practice accurate drives as there is nothing to get in the wayof you and the basket. I usually throw at least two of my discs when I get to this hole.
Cons: Sometimes when playing this course I feel like there might be just too many trees. There is a small pond by hole 9 that many players have lost their discs in. This would happen if you overshot hole 9 as your disc would make a decent splash in the water. Finally, since this is a park for things other than disc golf it is usually busy. By this I mean there are always joggers, bikers, and even landscapers (now and then) that you might have to wait a couple minutes for them to clear.
Other Thoughts: To sum up this is definately a course worth playing if you are in the area. Like "steven2361" mentioned this course has changed a little bit from 2008. He pretty much covered all that needs to be said. Although it was a better course before the changes it is still a very good and FUN nine hole course
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros/Cons + Course Changed
Pros: Variety of shots, it'll challenge your accuracy if not necesarily your driving power. Hole 8 of the sledding hill is great. I usually end up throwing all my discs before i go down to finish the hole.
Cons: Very Wooded, trees help and hinder. Many runners, bikers, sports ect. Park itself gets very busy. Water Hazards come into play when it has rained recently and lake is by holes 7 & 9.
Also, it's usually very muddy. All signs are gone/stolen. There is also much litter.
Other Thoughts: The course is changed from whats in the pictures. Old 1 is the new 2. New 1 is from the road to near new 2's tee. Old 2 & 3 no longer exist. :( I guess they took it away because it was too close to the high school. The new 3 is now nearer to the parking lot and straight towards near the baseball fields. Also Hole 9 was changed to go towards the lake on the left. It is also a very short hole, dont overthrow it into the lake.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.