Streamwood, IL
Shady Oaks Park Share
Uploaded By: El Mexicano Hole #15 (Taken 8/2009)

So So

1    6/9/2012   6/10/2012
Review By: Marcus0613
Pros: This course starts off fun with hole # 2 going across a creek. Lots of long distance holes to let out some nice drives!
Cons: Very Very difficult to find where the next hole is. ended up throwing hole 8 into the hole 11 basket and then had to backtrack to find hole nine. Lots and lots of wind so you have to watch where you throw your disc because can be lost in the swampy marsh areas.

Good for what it is

5+    9/10/2010   9/10/2010
Review By: Laupy99
Pros: - The course is fairly wide open and its easy to recover from a bad throw.
- You get to use your distance drivers a ton.
- Newish tee pads on most holes.
- Recently added tee signs that show distances from normal and alt tees to the normal and alt baskets.
Cons: - There is very little challenge here. The biggest challenge is simply the wind.
- Lots of spots to misplace a disc. Watter on 8 holes (13 if it's rained recently) and 4-8 foot reeds in play on 5 holes.
- As other reviewers have said, the only shot you will need is a RHBH.
- Noticeable elevation changes on just 1 hole.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course to go out and throw long drives on. This is a fairly easy course to recover on, so go ahead and wing that drive out there and no matter where it lands (as long as it's dry) you'll have a pretty good shot at par.

meh

1    7/20/2010   7/20/2010
Review By: Dyno5
Pros: Nice, long course of verying difficulty. New tee boxes and baskets.
Cons: Very very confusing, often found ourselves shooting at the wrong hole. No signs saying where the hole is or the par on the hole. Even finding out where to go next is confusing. Baskets aren't marked by hole number.
Other Thoughts: On a windy day your disc may get carried into the river or marsh making it easy to lose discs here because almost every hole has some type of natural hazard. Have some way to know where your going if its your first time, you will get lost.

C+ = As average as the come

2-4    7/19/2005   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-

Swampy Course

5/6/2008   5/6/2008
Review By: Noah Karnes
Pros: Shady Oaks has some very interesting shots with some baskets on hillsides and some baskets dangerously close to the creek. Good combination of long and short shots.
Cons: I had some trouble finding hole 1 - it wasn't very well marked. The signs are big wooden signs that just tell you the hole number and distance. If you don't know the course, you will probably have some trouble navigating through it. The locals were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction though. The course is very swampy and it does not have concrete teepads - which can cause some slippage in the mud. The baskets are pretty old and they spit out a lot of putts.
Other Thoughts: It wasn't one of my favorite courses. For me, it just doesn't have greatest atmosphere.