Cedar Rapids, IA
Shaver Park Share
Uploaded By: medicinalfunk Hole #17 (Taken 7/2010)
Hole #17 Tee: Basket located over the hill, way down a fairway, perched at the top of a steep drop-off

Needs updated signage

1    7/9/2016   7/10/2016
Review By: ALitt
Pros: Very wooded and challenging
Has potential for being a great course, if the cons are fixed
Cons: The signage makes navigation frustrating. Some holes are marked wrong, there is nothing pointing you to the next hole, if the holes have a sign showing where the basket is and/or the distance, it is likely wrong...
Some of the tee pads are cracked or divided into several pieces which threw off my run-up.
Other Thoughts: If I lived closer and played this course enough to learn the holes, it would be great - but since I was coming from out of town, I was spending all my time trying to find the next tee rather than concentrating on my game. By the end, I was kind of over it and ready to be done.

Fun course, Needs "Next tee" signs.

1    8/4/2014   8/4/2014
Review By: leftyhasrights
Pros: Nice baskets, nice tee pads, If you're in the area and it's dry, this course offers fun disc golf.
Cons: DANGEROUS when wet, and zero signs to where the next T pads are. We couldn't find hole 2? We played after it had rained and there were a few times we almost really hurt ourselves. Bridges were super slick and very loose mud in many areas. Staying off the beatn' path is advisable when it has recently rained or is raining.
Other Thoughts: We played on a wet course and it also had rained on us. This added to the frustration of not knowing where the next tee box was. Had we played on a dry sunny day It most likely would have been a better experience. There we a lot of fun shots but was hard to get into a good shot with the t pads being being slick.

5+    3/21/2009   3/21/2009
Review By: Conler Milrad
This review was updated on 9/21/2009
Pros: Technical with distance. Shade over most holes in the summer. Easy to navigate.
Cons: Few garbage cans.
Other Thoughts: Technical and very wooded. Risk/Reward course. Find the right line and you can do well. A lot of elevation change.