Summit, IL
Summit Park Share
Uploaded By: fractalzoom Hole #13 (Taken 10/2010)

Go somewhere else

2-4    8/1/2008   4/1/2009
Review By: Countchunkula
This review was updated on 10/12/2009
Pros: Very technical, almost too much so.
Challenging.
Only Course in this part of Burbs.
Cons: This course is so frustrating for me.
No fun.
Floods.
Stinks (smells f'n terrible). Almost every hole is the same (200 ft hyzer). Super narrow, 90 degree turn fairways.
Other Thoughts: Skip it.
Really Skip it.
This course was probably the inspiration for the term "pinball fairways", because there is nothing but.
Some people seem to dig this course, but it never equals a fun round for me, and I'm usually the most upbeat guy.

Too much of all trees

5+    7/15/2007   8/13/2008
Review By: m1ke
This review was updated on 7/14/2010
Pros: Challenging and different.
-Rubber tee pads; new since last time I played (although the centers have sunk on some of them).
-Can be scenic if dry; shady and green, kinda peaceful.
-Tight fairways in the middle of thick forest (smaller trees densely packed) make you realize that every course should have 1-3 holes like this.
Cons: No course needs 18 holes of it, which is basically what this course is. Very little variety-this course itself is very different from other courses, but the holes all feel the same.
-Hard to navigate; even on my 4th visit I had trouble finding the next tee a couple times.
-There are funky odors on some holes, both from the brackish water along some of the course and from nearby industry (smells like asphalt).
-Very easy to lose a disc in the dense brush, especially on the holes whose fairways run 10 ft. from a reed-filed stream.
-Not a course for beginners.
-Course can be wet for a while after a rain.
Other Thoughts: This is really a specialty course. If you live in the area, I'd recommend trying it to see what you think. If you're from out of town and want to sample a course here, this is NOT it. I play this course about once a year- it's a bit of variety to change things up from most other courses- but that's often enough for me.
I've played this course 5 times, but when I think about it I can only envision 3 hole images in my mind- one that runs down what looks like a pre-exisiting old service road and then turns sharply left into the woods at the end, a couple open holes in a field alongside the edge of the woods which then turn sharply left into the woods at the end, and then every single other hole that all look the same - a tight fairway in dense trees that turns once or twice to one degree or another.
I love technical courses- I don't have that much of an arm so big open shots just don't interest me- but this is a technical course with no variety in it.