Summit, IL
Summit Park Share
Uploaded By: fractalzoom Hole #8 (Taken 10/2010)

1 2 3 Next >
 Okay course, I guess.

2-4    5/2/2009   5/12/2009
Review By: manzilla86
Pros: Well, it is a disc golf course, so it has that going for it. There are a couple of fun holes that are like my rating for this course-reasonable. I would have to play the course more to get a better grasp on the review, but since it didn't catch my attention as being very good, I don't feel a pull to go back to it.
Cons: It get beyond muddy and practically turns into a swamp. I don't mind courses in the woods with long tight fairways, but courses in the woods with no fairways and just trees are pretty annoying. Not all the holes are annoying, but most are.
Other Thoughts: Chicago has better courses not too far away, try those before you try this one.

2-4    4/14/2009   4/14/2009
Review By: Disc Golf Greg
This review was updated on 7/18/2010
Pros: - Challenging tight and technical
- Rubber tee pads
- Not Crowded
- DISCatcher baskets
- Putting/practice basket
- Unique design nothing like it in the immediate area
- Nice signs, I've noticed the wooden posts typically get damaged/vandalized the least.
- Hardly any trash on the course
- Nice escape considering the city borders this town doesn't feel like Illinois almost.
Cons: - Like the other reviewers said pretty much every hole is a 200-300 ft hyzer shot.
- Wet and muddy
- Funky smell
- No variety
- It's impossible to successfully throw through a fairway with the insanely small gaps followed by huge doglegs
- A lot of times you're at the next tee pad and it turns out to be the wrong one, so directions to next tee are needed. Even if I played 5+ times I know I would still get lost.
- Some of the rubber tee pads were kind of warped but could be solved with some work from whomever maintains the course.
Other Thoughts: Summit is not particularly a good town. Known around the Chicago area as "Scum-It". I don't think I would ever play this course alone once dusk is close for safety reasons, but I would for sure play some more rounds here.

Oh and the course record as of the day I'm writing this is -6, good luck beating that, this course will test your precision and accuracy every throw.

Go somewhere else

2-4    8/1/2008   4/1/2009
Review By: Countchunkula
This review was updated on 10/12/2009
Pros: Very technical, almost too much so.
Challenging.
Only Course in this part of Burbs.
Cons: This course is so frustrating for me.
No fun.
Floods.
Stinks (smells f'n terrible). Almost every hole is the same (200 ft hyzer). Super narrow, 90 degree turn fairways.
Other Thoughts: Skip it.
Really Skip it.
This course was probably the inspiration for the term "pinball fairways", because there is nothing but.
Some people seem to dig this course, but it never equals a fun round for me, and I'm usually the most upbeat guy.

A must play!

5+    10/3/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: njoyntheride
Pros: This is one of Chicagoland's finest. Very technical. I appreciate a challenge and this is a good one. If you want easy, this is not it. If you want to improve your game, come on out!
Cons: No elevation changes which would make this course a rating of 5.
Other Thoughts: I would definitely put this course in the top 5 for the Chicagoland area. I don't understand why this course would get a bad rating.

Too much of all trees

5+    7/15/2007   8/13/2008
Review By: m1ke
This review was updated on 7/14/2010
Pros: Challenging and different.
-Rubber tee pads; new since last time I played (although the centers have sunk on some of them).
-Can be scenic if dry; shady and green, kinda peaceful.
-Tight fairways in the middle of thick forest (smaller trees densely packed) make you realize that every course should have 1-3 holes like this.
Cons: No course needs 18 holes of it, which is basically what this course is. Very little variety-this course itself is very different from other courses, but the holes all feel the same.
-Hard to navigate; even on my 4th visit I had trouble finding the next tee a couple times.
-There are funky odors on some holes, both from the brackish water along some of the course and from nearby industry (smells like asphalt).
-Very easy to lose a disc in the dense brush, especially on the holes whose fairways run 10 ft. from a reed-filed stream.
-Not a course for beginners.
-Course can be wet for a while after a rain.
Other Thoughts: This is really a specialty course. If you live in the area, I'd recommend trying it to see what you think. If you're from out of town and want to sample a course here, this is NOT it. I play this course about once a year- it's a bit of variety to change things up from most other courses- but that's often enough for me.
I've played this course 5 times, but when I think about it I can only envision 3 hole images in my mind- one that runs down what looks like a pre-exisiting old service road and then turns sharply left into the woods at the end, a couple open holes in a field alongside the edge of the woods which then turn sharply left into the woods at the end, and then every single other hole that all look the same - a tight fairway in dense trees that turns once or twice to one degree or another.
I love technical courses- I don't have that much of an arm so big open shots just don't interest me- but this is a technical course with no variety in it.

1 2 3 Next >