Iowa City, IA
Peninsula Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Edmasta Hole #2 (Taken 9/2012)
-- / 282ft.   -- / --   -- / 282ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #2 Red Tee

1    11/4/2008   11/4/2008
Review By: Pinto
Pros: The course is new with multiple tee boxes and baskets for all varying degrees for variability or different skills. It has great signs, tees, facilities. I feel its hole layout would be great in a few years. (See my Cons.)
Cons: I will not play this course again in its current condition. After the first few holes, you enter the woods. The woods' foliage was out of control, requiring spotters to see and mark where your companions' discs landed. Worse, the foliage was full of poison ivy and stinging nettles, which added to the aggravation of my group. The back nine was opening up again, however found it to be a tick-infested field. Due to nature, this is not a fun course to play.
Other Thoughts: I don't know the condition of the course post-2008 flood. I want to give it a higher score due to the layout, however I will never play this course again until foliage is improved, so rating it low.