Plainfield, IL
Avery Preserve Share
Uploaded By: WindyCityROCer Hole #5 (Taken 7/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Hard to find, Tough to play

5+    7/12/2009   7/13/2009
Review By: berserker333
Pros: Well manicured and maintained
Decent quiet location
Nice water features
Accurate tee signs
Cons: Parking and location of first tee unmarked
9th Tee sign still shattered
Path to 8th Tee unclear to first timers
Other Thoughts: This is a very demanding course that will challenge your skills to their limit.
getting birdies are difficult and eagles are rare.
Hole 3 is ridiculous as a par 3 200' left u-turn.
Course seems to be homegrown as all the tees have sponsers listed.
This was laid out by golfers who apparantly put a lot of thought in to each hole to be a skill shot and not for chuckers. You be punished for underestimating this course.
If you have skills play on, if not, go to West Park and have fun instead of bashing your head into the wall on this one.
Park by the Baseball field parking lot and walk west along the north side and go through the break in the trees to get to the first pin. Pay attention to the signs for the next tee position or you will be hunting around a bit to find your way.

B+ = You Be Feelin' Positive After Playing This 9-holer

1    7/7/2009   7/8/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 holers:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B (The dense underbrush whether early on some fairways or late on others will add a stroke to your score if you mess up. Good variety in how the underbrush is used in the course design.)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == A (This course suits my skill level well. Some reward good accuracy, some reward good length.)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B+ (Quite good, but a few too many holes start out wide open so it is more about shot placement, not shot shaping per se.)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+ (The stream that runs at the back of the course is a very nice touch! You feel very off in nature on all the holes except the ones in view of the road - 1 & 6?)

5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Forgetable

1    6/22/2009   6/30/2009
Review By: braddrag
Pros: Some nice open shots
Cons: Hard to find
Confusing Layout
Other Thoughts: We had to drive past three times as we could not figure out where to park for the course. You have to walk across a field just to get to hole 1. Hole 8 is hard to find as you have to go past 2 and edge around a stream.

Hot Garbage......

1    5/15/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: TheWCG
This review was updated on 3/27/2011
Pros: They have disc golf baskets!
Cons: Lots of sun, Lots of small thick brush, minor walk to the course.
Other Thoughts: I live in Naperville which is not that far of a drive and I was disappointed that I even came down to play the course. If I lived extremely close to the course I might like it a little better. There are too many other courses in the area to play that are way better. In my mind..... If I was driving by the course I might stop to play but other than that I wouldn't make the effort.

Avery Preserve

5+    5/9/2008   5/12/2009
Review By: Smoost4T
Pros: - Interesting Shots
- Mix of wooded and open shots.
- Favors both Forehand and Backhand players
Cons: - Thick grass
- First timers may be confused by the layout
- Metal junk by hole 3
- Parking is a 5 minute walk
Other Thoughts: Holes used to be missing from people stealing them.

Let's Play Two!

5+    4/10/2011   4/6/2009
Review By: ForehandMAN36
This review was updated on 4/11/2011
Pros: * Nice mix of shots (left,straight,right)
* Healthy portion of obstacles
* Tee Signs explaining shot (ones that have not been damaged)
* Nice flow
* Played here many times and is never busy so a quick 2 rounds is easily possible
* Enjoyable enough to make you ant to play a second/thrid round
* Clean, vegetation well maintained and minimal littering.
Cons: * No tee pads, just grass
* Hole 9 tee sign shattered
* Hole 1 tee sign missing
* Long walk from parking lot
Other Thoughts: Hey, the pros definitley outweigh the cons. Play Hole #8 from the pro tee, it's a much funner shot than the normal tee and the normal tee for #8 is downright one of the worst holes I've ever played. So play the pro tee. This is a course that should be played if you are passing through or close to this area. Hop on 59 and also hit up the Shorewood course and make a day out of it.

1 2 Next >