0 Helpful / 7 Not
as of June 1, 2011
Pros: 18 Updated 6-5-11 >>> Tee not permanent short basket tucked into woods on hill with h20 behind basket
17 added length > basket on hill with water behind it
15 basket on island position
some longer tees being worked on
course spot less
some drainage dug out (thanks guys !!!)
Cons: short tees wet but there was rain night before, longs looked in better shape
gnats > carry the bug spray
Other Thoughts: big fan of this course > good mix of shots needed > good one to play when in the area > there is water so bring "water disc"
aceandchains disc golf store in area ( west park area )
0 of 7 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
Oh! Oh!... No! Not the water!...crap.
Pros: -This course has an immense variety of shots, not just for the area it has, but for any course in the area. Hole 3 in particular almost forces you to throw a spike anhyzer (if you can imagine that). The amount of diversity here is wonder.
-This course has 4 true water hazards, for which it is the only course in the area. While Community Park has water, it takes a really poor or unlucky shot to end up there, and overall just isn't as intimidating. What makes it even better is the best 2, are on the first and second holes! Its just such an intense way to begin the round. The other two less outstanding hazards are on holes 15, just before the basket, and on hole 17, just behind the new pin placement on a hill, making for scary roll aways.
-The pro tees from this course offer great new feels for the course. A few holes have recently had new pro tees installed for the upcoming Joliet Championships, and these are also extremely well thought out.
-This courses baskets are in great shape, and the signs are as well. Some of the signs are now slightly off in distance, but that's due to new pro tees and pin placements and are in the process of being remedied. Overall a very easy course to navigate.
-This is also an excellent course for glow rounds. I've only played here twice and not had a glow round.
Cons: -The tee pads here do need some work. While the guys hosting the tournament are in the process of fixing up these pads, currently the fresh crushed gravel is still loose. Hopefully the recent rains have helped compact it some.
-This course does have some tough schule, but that shouldn't be a problem if you stay in the fairway. ;) if only it were that easy, right?
Other Thoughts: The tees are the only outstanding flaw to this course. Once these are in better shape you'll see the ratings of this course skyrocket. This course makes up for this with its great variety of lines, from tight wooded fairways, to open bombs. Also, this course is so close to Highland Park, which is a must play in the Joliet area. With it being less than 5 minutes away, I can't see why you shouldn't play this along with Highland, unless you are completely strapped for time.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 9 Not
Pros: great variety of open and wooded shots.sistance range is good
Cons: poison ivy,oakand sumac.
coarse can swallow up a disc
Other Thoughts: the coarse has been cleaned up great looks very good best ive seen it.
hole 17 basket has been moved and is really a cool hole
0 of 9 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Course makes good use of a larger forest and other sparse forested areas to provide a wide range of shots.
- Lots of very tight lines throughout the dense forest, in many ways. Tight windows off the teepad, very skinny fairways, and well protected baskets are a common theme. Many different shots are necessary, from way left to way right. Tons of variety, to the point where having a solid forehand and some overhand can be a huge advantage, left or right handed.
- Other holes bordering the forest still have some tricky lines, with a bit more room to navigate. Some well protected baskets add real challenge in a few places, like #14, which is surrounded by trees and brush on 3 sides.
- A few bomber holes mixed in here and there to break things up. These are more or less wide open, and require good distance over anything else.
- Very slight elevation changes, there was a great elevated green on #17 that was tough to get up on approach. Otherwise basically flat. Some water was in play on a few holes, and was quite reachable. Definitely a major hazard that can gobble errant shots.
- Great signs and baskets, decent teepads. Some signs to point the way in a few spots as well. Navigation overall is not too tough.
Cons: - While there is a great mix of hole lengths, there are many on the short side. Some of the longer holes are very bland as well, with little to no obstacles. Both of these are very typical features and don't make the holes stand out too much.
- Some holes have fairways that are kind of close to each other, especially in parts of the back meadow. Really not an issue.
Other Thoughts: - This is a very solid course that demands some really tricky shots. I can see how some people could be very frustrated with the course, especially those who rely heavily on a RHBH toss. An anhyzer just won't cut it on some of these sharp doglegs.
- The tough rough and crazy lines make this a good course for a seasoned player. It will really test anybody's line-shaping ability.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Enjoyable course, be carefull.
Pros: Fun course with a nice mixture of woods and open holes. Challenging tee and hole locations make for a difficult but enjoyable round.
Cons: Drains water poorly, no bathrooms that i remember, and some poison ivy may make the day less enjoyable.
Other Thoughts: I would like to edit the course description, I have not played the course this year but friends have and to my knowledge there are no missing holes.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.