7 Helpful / 6 Not
B- = Bit Better Than Average
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 18-hole courses:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B- (Only 3-4 holes will punish you with an extra stroke if you miss your line on your drive. Overall, basket locations are not too creative.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B- (Half the holes are pretty good and rewarding due to shape and obstables, but too many holes that are too short to get a high grade here)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B+ (This is the strength of this course. About half the holes force you to shape your shot in a specific way. But too many are too open for my preference. Also, there is no terrain to work with)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+ (The open fields surrounded with dense woods are beautiful and provide very nice seclusion)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
7 of 13 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Nice variety of holes. A good mixture of open holes and wooded holes. Water comes into play on a couple. IMO each hole has a tricky, but great pin placement, even the open holes. The maps make the course easy to navigate. The course is very clean.
Cons: The course is very buggy, BRING BUG SPRAY. The woods and vegetation are very thick, discs can be easily lost. Watch out for some poison ivy and oak. The dense woods make for chances of mud. No bathrooms.
Other Thoughts: I would love to play the course more often, the bugs were too brutal for this time of year though.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: it's disc golf. they have pretty nice baskets.
Cons: does not drain water at all. As another reviewer said it eats discs. The layout was confusing and often had us backtracking through swamps
Other Thoughts: There are so many better courses in the area, so you have no excuse for wasting your time here. Try Community Park, West Park, or Highland Park instead
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Taking care of cleaned out weekly! hole 1 has pond to the left looks amazing til you go in the water. Care center in front takes care of this private course. Any one can play just pick up after your self! Have the course to your self most days.
Cons: Water will eat your disc. one tree fell down but they are in the works of taking it down. care center has disabled they take care of they wonder on the course sometimes but not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Not many people know about kinda hidden so many courses in the area a lot of people look over it.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Enjoyable course, be carefull.
Pros: Fun course with a nice mixture of woods and open holes. Challenging tee and hole locations make for a difficult but enjoyable round.
Cons: Drains water poorly, no bathrooms that i remember, and some poison ivy may make the day less enjoyable.
Other Thoughts: I would like to edit the course description, I have not played the course this year but friends have and to my knowledge there are no missing holes.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.