Fort Wayne, IN
West Swinney Park Share
Uploaded By: kingjames1014 Hole #13 (Taken 11/2012)

1 2 Next >

2-4    6/17/2009   6/17/2009
Review By: bilemshious
This review was updated on 11/15/2009
Pros: Fun, challenging course. The pond, stream and river make for interesting shot choices. Newish holes are a nice touch as well as the nice, concrete tee boxes. Grass is very well maintained. Locals are very nice - let me play through when I was playing by myself. Very well laid out using trees / shrubbery to hide holes.
Cons: Not great for beginners. Going from hole to the next tee is too often confusing - good thing I had the course map on my iPod. Hole 15 looks like it gets flooded - very over-grown and wet.
Other Thoughts: The longer holes and the wooded holes and the water holes make it difficult for beginners. If you're in Fort Wayne and looking for something to learn on, I would recommend Shoaff Park instead.

I didn't throw any discs into the pond, but I watched someone do it. It's easy enough to do on hole 6 even though that was probably my favorite hole. Doesn't look fun!

5+    5/31/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: barrymockies
Pros: Great variety....good balance of open and tight holes...elevation changes are nice....and some challenging holes

oh, and it is really close to the other course!
Cons: floods easily...bugs can get bad on a few of the holes.
Other Thoughts: great course!

5+    10/14/2008   11/14/2008
Review By: discflinger
Pros: This course plays in great mature growth along a river with a pond and stream in the course. Fair amount of hills that are vitalized well. A couple tight fairways, but mostly around large obstacles or along OB line. Concrete tees in good condition (I remember when we had natural and boy did it blow). Al Pier baskets. Restrooms and fountain off of #12. Beautiful scenery, as this park used to house a gorgeous garden. Length kept around 300' or less, but #15 plays well over 400', through a tight fairway, beside the river and a stream behind the basket, to boot. I've only dueced it once after countless rounds. Everything is rather well marked. Right downtown and across the river from East Swinney.
Cons: There can be some vandalism here. Though it hasn't happened recently, a couple years ago we had to pull a basket out of the river every other week. There is a bit of a walk between 12 &13, but not bad. The locals can be a little over friendly. Usually, bike riders and joggers don't pose a problem, but first couple holes are along some paths. The busy road is kinda windy on the south end of the course. The only trashcan is near #1, by the pool.
Other Thoughts: This is the course I learned on and it has changed a lot over the years, but locals keep it up very well.

1 2 Next >