Washington, IL
Washington Park Share
Uploaded By: sthomas128 Hole #3 (Taken 4/2010)

1 2 Next >
 Washington Park

1    8/2/2009   8/2/2009
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: -Very, very well maintained. This course is laid out over a beautiful park with playgrounds (which aren't in the way at all) and volleyball courts, etc. It was nice to play here.
-The baskets seem to be very, very new and in pristine condition, as are the tee pads.
-It's obvious that there's a disc golf community here that really care about the sport and the coures.
-The grass was beautiful here.
-Very easy to find and navigate.
Cons: -The whole park had the same length grass which made it seem like the whole course was a fairway. -It was kind of boring because a lot of the holes were just throw it straight at the basket because there aren't a lot of obstacles here.
-Hole 16 was very swampy when I played. It was basically pure mud.
Other Thoughts: I drove out here from Normal to check out some of the courses in Peoria. I was very happy about the condition of the course but I probably won't come back to the Washington one because it's a very easy course. I also lost my Flick here on hole #12. :(

Beginner course done right

1    8/1/2006   4/4/2009
Review By: huskie2husker
This review was updated on 5/22/2009
Pros: -By far the easiest 18 holer in the Peoria area.
-Lots of deuce/ace opportunities.
-Very well taken care of city park. Probably the nicest "fairways" in the area.
-Concrete tees and good tee signs.
-Baskets are permanent (which I consider a pro), so you always know what the layout is.
Cons: -This course seems to funnel in the wind. If it is a windy day, it will be very windy here.
-The last time I played, the baskets were pretty crappy. I heard a rumor they were going to be replaced, but I can't say for sure.
***EDIT: As of May 2009, I have been told that there are new baskets installed!

-Lots of paths with bikers and walkers that you may have to wait on. The occasional picnickers in the middle of the fairway, too.
Other Thoughts: As I said in the title, this would definitely be consider a beginner course, but it is a nicer course than any other beginner course I've played. The design makes good use of the trees available to give each hole some obstacle (though a couple are pretty simple). One complaint I have is that there aren't quite enough trees to properly "punish" a bad shot. An errant drive really just gives up the birdie, with a par usually being easy enough to save.

Tall pine trees that border the course on two sides add to the challenge and represents the easiest way to lose a disc here. There isn't a lot of elevation change, but there seems to be a couple more downhill holes than uphill, including the longest hole (#12) that plays roughly 50 ft shorter than it is. Overall, someone who can throw 300-325 ft consistently should have a reasonable shot at birding every hole on a good drive with the exception of #1 and maybe a couple of others. Someone who can only throw 225-250 will still get a deuce every now and then.

For better or worse, this course tends to artificially inflate my ego. After all, this was the first course I finished under par at, and I'm sure I've had more birdies here than any other course. But no worries; if you feel you need to be taken down a peg or two, just make the drive over to McNaughton Park.

My Home Course

5/1/2007   5/19/2008
Review By: hoihoi8
Pros: Long holes. All 18 are a challenge. Good mix of par 3-5. Wide open course allows you to throw your disc at full strength. Still entertaining after hundreds of rounds. Park is well maintained. Makes very good use of the limited obstacles.
Cons: If it is your 1st play through, it might be a little difficult to find the next hole sometimes. Rarely a family is parked in the middle of a hole.
Other Thoughts: A major tournament is played there, or at least did as of a couple years ago. There are several other great 18 hole courses in the area.

1 2 Next >