Hamilton, IL
Uploaded By: IrishCreamer Hole #10
3 / --   3 / 234ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

2-4    3/5/2012   3/23/2012
Review By: Jintaq
Pros: Such a fun course. Great mix of skills needed for this course. Lot of fun elevation. A very beautiful park in general and it has tons of room used well for a great course. Hole 1 is crazy fun. I bring my dogs out to this course and it is a great area away from most roads also. Course is also basically across the street from a short 9 hole course that serves as a great warmup.
Cons: 3 holes are in low ground that could potentially flood, but are great holes regardless.
Other Thoughts: Phenomenal course. Best course I've ever played on.

Small town course that's big time fun.

1    6/9/2009   7/10/2009
Review By: scarpfish
Pros: One of the best combinations of picturesque scenery and challenge that I've ever played. No sissy warm up Hole #1 here. You start with a 462' bomb over a disc eating creek. Even the shorter holes aren't gimmes. Holes 10 and 11 which cross a dense underbrush area are particularly challenging. #17 has some danger in store if you blow by it. Probably my favorite hole was #4, which is a long gentle downhill 500'+ hyzer (well, it was an anny hole for me since I'm lefty) where you have to hug a wooded area without getting into it. Not crowded at all.
Cons: Defintely not rec friendly, but there's a more suitable 9 hole course nearby. Flow between the upper and lower sections was a bit confusing. A few beefs on the lower section of the course. It had rained recently before I played so the creek had gotten a bit out of its banks. Hole #5 which runs right by the water was hard to negotiate. Some non-DG'ers like to come down in this area to observe the creek and may park their vehicle in your way. The underbrush area on the woodsy window holes #10 & 11 make for a hard time finding your disc if you don't make it across cleanly. I'd definitely use a spotter on these holes. As with any wooded course, the insects will be aplenty, particularly near the water.
Other Thoughts: Probably the strangest observation I had at Wildcat was that I had this beautiful course all to myself. Just a few blocks away at the cool little nine holer at Hamilton City Park there were scads of families playing. Its probably safe to say that Wildcat is going to be way more than most casual players can handle, so if you're going to tackle this one, bring your 'A' game. You'll need it.