Layout Extinct

Hattiesburg, MS
Desert Fox DGC - Old Layout Share

It all leads to the water...

1    5/29/2010   5/30/2010
Review By: boxmark25
Pros: One pro is that there is a course there at all. Any increase in courses is great in and of itself.
The park is a great park with great scenary.
Cons: This is NOT a novice friendly course. I am a novice player and i took my children (ages 9 and 5) out there and the majority of the holes they would not through at in fear of losing a disc in the lake.
Another con is that many of the holes arounf the lake have a downhill slope where a rolling disc roles right downhill into the lake.
Navigating the course was very hard. I was a good thing I got the map from the office or i would have no clue where to have gone. The holes and directions were not marked very good.
Other Thoughts: If you are a novice golfer go ahead and take you and extendable fishing pole to get you disc out of the lake, because they WILL end up in the water. I lost one disc, rolled one disc in the water (but was able to retrieve it) and my nine year old rolled one in the water during a putt. I had to wade out in the water two retrieve two of my disc. We only played seven holes and we were not happy golfers when we left.