Clarksburg, WV
Veterans Memorial Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #3 (Taken 5/2011)

Alright for Something Close

5+    7/1/2012   7/13/2012
Review By: knettles
Pros: -Terrain, trees, and river make for some slightly interesting shots.
-Good amenitites, which includes a putt putt course.
Cons: -Pedestrians come into play often, so avoid weekends if possible.
-A couple tees aren't marked.
-A couple tees aren't flat.
-A couple tees view multiple baskets, which can be confusing.
-Short course.
Other Thoughts: To make this course a good deal funner, I designed an extra 6 hole layout. Here it goes.
Hole A - Tees off just down from basket #1 over both tennis courts to basket #9.
Hole B - Tees off next to basket #7 to basket #5.
Hole C - Tees off halfway down hole 6's fairway from a cement square all the way to basket #3.
Hole D - Tees off from up above basket #4 on the gravel walkway to basket #4.
Hole E - Tees off from close to hole 5's teepad to basket #6.
Hole F - Tees off from close to basket #6 to basket #7.
I know it's not perfect, but I think this new 15 hole layout takes this course from a 2 to 3. It's at least something different. Give it a try if you're there and feel like changing it up.
(Missing basket #9 due to construction. Should be finished around Octoberish 2012.)

I've played better

1    6/21/2009   6/21/2009
Review By: Showboarder
Pros: Varied terrain added some variety to the notably shorter holes

In a friendly park
Cons: Holes not well marked

Tee markers not in line with holes (hole 8 pointed to hole 9 instead of hole 8)

Hole 4 nowhere to be found
Other Thoughts: The course did have some potential. It was really clumped together with only hole number 6 being notable. Some parts were under construction due to stuff added to the park, but this doesn't make my low rating biased. I rate it a 2 because of the shortness and lack of overall variety, as well as the poor course design.

If playing Seth Burton, why not visit Clarksburg?

1    7/16/2008   10/16/2008
Review By: Jimb
Pros: Nice park facilities. Good elevation changes make the relatively short holes more interesting to play. Once you play this the first time you should be able to play a really quick round here as it's pretty easy to navigate and the holes are fit into a relatively small area.

The course sits on the side of a hill and the holes pretty much alternate going up and down the hill. Most of the holes are nestled inbetween mature trees. And even with all of the trees, the fairways are well defined. A couple hole highlights for me were: #4, a legitimate ace run... slightly up hill, big hyzer (RHBH) and not very long. And #5 plays uphill a good bit, with a somewhat narrow alley between trees. And the landing area around the pin is pretty narrow and drops off to the left and right into gullys. So if your tee shot isn't well placed, you might have to really scramble for a par.

Generally, this is a nice, fun course to play... not particularly hard and not incredibly easy either.
Cons: I couldn't find either the tee or the pin for #3 when I was there. I don't think that I just missed it. Maybe it was vandals?

No opportunities to air it out for big arms (or really even for my very average arm either). And I don't think that the combination of mainly up hill or down hill holes really plays that well for someone just learning the game.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed my round here and would play the course again, if my travels take me to the general area. I wouldn't go very far out of my way to play the course, though.

So if you're checking out Seth Burton and Agent Orange in Fairmont, it's not that long of a drive to Clarksburg. And if you're feeling a little beat up from 36 holes in Fairmont, this should allow you to relax a little. Just take it in and enjoy it... you're discin' right?