Greenville, NC
West Meadowbrook Park Share
Uploaded By: MichaelWebster Hole #4 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #4 Blue Tee

More Meadow than Brook

1    8/2/2015   8/9/2015
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: West Meadowbrook Park was a solid course, and a good chance to regain some form and confidence after getting beaten down by some heavily wooded and often hilly North Carolina terrain earlier in the weekend. This course is flat but not entirely wide open. If you nail the drives, you should get birdie opportunities. If you miss slightly, you will probably still have a decent shot to at least save par. The layout is generally pretty logical, but I consulted the map I printed once or twice. Dual tees were all concrete, signage was posted at the red tees, and the baskets were all in nice shape. One extra hole thrown in between the baseball diamonds next to hole 7 and 8. I liked the placement of the holes around the clusters of trees and brush. You can get hung up in some heavy rough if you shank one, and there are a variety of lefts and rights, and some high and low lines. Given the landscape, the course designers did a great job.
Cons: There is a lot of open, grassy fairway, sunscreen may be advisable if you're prone to burn. Kind of a lot of litter on the ground. It looked like a few spots get pretty muddy after rainfall.
Other Thoughts: I thought West Meadowbrook Park was enjoyable, and would say it's worth playing if you're in the area. Not a 5 star, knock-out, must play, but fun and well equipped. My first and only round from the blue tees resulted in a 59, and I chumped out a couple of easy putts. I would say par would be 55 with a 611' hole 15, although the scorecard I printed called it a straight par 54. Anyway par is no dream here, even on the first visit. Sort of similar to Zebulon, but flatter, not quite as woodsy, and not nearly as clean and pristine.

My home away from home

5+    7/13/2013   7/15/2013
Review By: Roc'n that Wolf
Pros: -multiple tee pads on every hole.
-20 permanent holes.
-multiple line options on a lot of holes.
-three permanent tee pads on hole 8.
-four, yes 4!, permanent tee pads on hole 10
-tee signs on ever hole.
-two permanent baskets on hole 13.
-plenty of trash cans.
-good use of the land with holes varying in length and difficulty.
Cons: -pretty much assume the bathroom is never going to be unlocked.
-holes 2 and 3 become a soccer field in the afternoons.
-other than a large ditch behind the far pin placement on 17, no water comes in to play.
Other Thoughts: I love this course. It has something for every skill-level. The local club seems to always be on the course trying to make it look better. It is a great course to play if you are in North Carolina.

meadow

5+    9/16/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: shane8002
This review was updated on 9/20/2010
Pros: good course the wooded part is not bad about brush since this dg course is always packed. Good mix of shots, hole 2 lets you rip it, the dg guys around here seem to really get involved in help making the course better.
Cons: a little hard to navigate for first time players, overcrowded as the only dg course in a college town, bad neighborhood so be aware if you play here, its not the people that use this park its the area its in which is a ghetto.
Other Thoughts: this is my home course I like it, hole 10 has 4 diffrent teepads now which is good one is really hard, long tees are not kept up as good no benches or trash cans etc. good course though

good course

2-4    8/21/2010   8/24/2010
Review By: totkst1
This review was updated on 8/27/2010
Pros: mostly easy par holes for me as a fairly inconsistant player. good course to build confidence for newer players and players who are inconsistant at other courses. i dont play often enough to be really good at the game but courses like this with a nice mix of shorter holes with multiple tees help build my confidence for tougher corses.
Cons: fire ants were all around the park and one of the holes had wasps under the bench. this is just me being picky to put something in the cons section.

1    2/27/2010   2/27/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: -It's not hard to find your way around
-Concrete Tee Pads
-Benches and Garbage Cans at most holes
-Tee Signs are extra helpful
-Variety of shots to use
-Clean and Safe Park
Cons: -Hole 8 was completely submerged in water (up to the seat of the benches)
-Tee Pads are shorter than I'm used too
-Sometimes the following tee is right behind the basket so you may need to wait until the group ahead of you tees off
Other Thoughts: While I was there a tournament was starting up. Like I said hole 8 was submerged along with # 9's tee. They set up an alternate tee for # 9 and had a # 19 to make up for hole #8.
There is an airport across the street but I only saw a small (really cool looking) plane pass by while I was there, no loud noise. Glad I played there!

A Blast to Play

2-4    1/14/2010   1/17/2010
Review By: DiscJunkie
Pros: I really liked the layout of the course. It flowed well and it was fairly easy to navigate from hole to hole, except for a stretch on the back from Hole 14 - 17. A mix of open and tight shots, but mostly open. Great tee signs, great directional signs. Two concrete pads for every hole. Long tees were a little challenging, while the short tees were good for beginners.
The hole designs were well thought-out.
Cons: It was a little wet when we played, especially Hole 8. As other reviewers have mentioned, a few of the holes play across an open field that has bleachers on it. I imagine that it can be difficult to play your throw when another game (soccer?) is in progress. I would've liked some longer Par 4 or Par 5-type holes. Sometimes it felt like a pitch and putt. No Rest Room facilities, did I miss them? Not much elevation. Some of the holes on the back are blind holes. Play the course at least twice to figure out where everything is.
Other Thoughts: BEAUTIFUL park!!! We saw two deer grazing during the evening when we were finishing up. A lot of work has gone into this park and I commend the local club. The hard work was evident.
There's a nice playground for the kiddies.
The neighborhood looks a little rough, but I didn't see any signs of problems while I was there. I've seen worse.