Greenville, NC
West Meadowbrook Park Share
Uploaded By: MichaelWebster Hole #1 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #1 Blue Tee

My home away from home

5+    7/13/2013   7/15/2013
Review By: Roc'n that Wolf
Pros: -multiple tee pads on every hole.
-20 permanent holes.
-multiple line options on a lot of holes.
-three permanent tee pads on hole 8.
-four, yes 4!, permanent tee pads on hole 10
-tee signs on ever hole.
-two permanent baskets on hole 13.
-plenty of trash cans.
-good use of the land with holes varying in length and difficulty.
Cons: -pretty much assume the bathroom is never going to be unlocked.
-holes 2 and 3 become a soccer field in the afternoons.
-other than a large ditch behind the far pin placement on 17, no water comes in to play.
Other Thoughts: I love this course. It has something for every skill-level. The local club seems to always be on the course trying to make it look better. It is a great course to play if you are in North Carolina.

meadow

5+    9/16/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: shane8002
This review was updated on 9/20/2010
Pros: good course the wooded part is not bad about brush since this dg course is always packed. Good mix of shots, hole 2 lets you rip it, the dg guys around here seem to really get involved in help making the course better.
Cons: a little hard to navigate for first time players, overcrowded as the only dg course in a college town, bad neighborhood so be aware if you play here, its not the people that use this park its the area its in which is a ghetto.
Other Thoughts: this is my home course I like it, hole 10 has 4 diffrent teepads now which is good one is really hard, long tees are not kept up as good no benches or trash cans etc. good course though

good course

2-4    8/21/2010   8/24/2010
Review By: totkst1
This review was updated on 8/27/2010
Pros: mostly easy par holes for me as a fairly inconsistant player. good course to build confidence for newer players and players who are inconsistant at other courses. i dont play often enough to be really good at the game but courses like this with a nice mix of shorter holes with multiple tees help build my confidence for tougher corses.
Cons: fire ants were all around the park and one of the holes had wasps under the bench. this is just me being picky to put something in the cons section.

1    2/27/2010   2/27/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: -It's not hard to find your way around
-Concrete Tee Pads
-Benches and Garbage Cans at most holes
-Tee Signs are extra helpful
-Variety of shots to use
-Clean and Safe Park
Cons: -Hole 8 was completely submerged in water (up to the seat of the benches)
-Tee Pads are shorter than I'm used too
-Sometimes the following tee is right behind the basket so you may need to wait until the group ahead of you tees off
Other Thoughts: While I was there a tournament was starting up. Like I said hole 8 was submerged along with # 9's tee. They set up an alternate tee for # 9 and had a # 19 to make up for hole #8.
There is an airport across the street but I only saw a small (really cool looking) plane pass by while I was there, no loud noise. Glad I played there!

A Blast to Play

2-4    1/14/2010   1/17/2010
Review By: DiscJunkie
Pros: I really liked the layout of the course. It flowed well and it was fairly easy to navigate from hole to hole, except for a stretch on the back from Hole 14 - 17. A mix of open and tight shots, but mostly open. Great tee signs, great directional signs. Two concrete pads for every hole. Long tees were a little challenging, while the short tees were good for beginners.
The hole designs were well thought-out.
Cons: It was a little wet when we played, especially Hole 8. As other reviewers have mentioned, a few of the holes play across an open field that has bleachers on it. I imagine that it can be difficult to play your throw when another game (soccer?) is in progress. I would've liked some longer Par 4 or Par 5-type holes. Sometimes it felt like a pitch and putt. No Rest Room facilities, did I miss them? Not much elevation. Some of the holes on the back are blind holes. Play the course at least twice to figure out where everything is.
Other Thoughts: BEAUTIFUL park!!! We saw two deer grazing during the evening when we were finishing up. A lot of work has gone into this park and I commend the local club. The hard work was evident.
There's a nice playground for the kiddies.
The neighborhood looks a little rough, but I didn't see any signs of problems while I was there. I've seen worse.