Greenville, NC
West Meadowbrook Park Share
Uploaded By: MichaelWebster Hole #7 (Taken 7/2009)

Dimond in the rough

5+    12/20/2012   12/21/2012
Review By: Dr. Bret Wickstrom
Pros: Wonderful place to play. Very well kept holes. Challenging but not ridiculous. Gives you a great balance for left or right handed. Many of the holes will even have a cleared path for both right or left handed players. Very difficult to lose a disc. There are some good holes to really grip and rip but a also a few that have some fun tights shots through some trees. Great overall variety that makes the course fun every time we come here.
Cons: The location is a bit ghetto but everyone at the park thus far has been super nice. It has been a touch crowded (although I hesitate to use that word because it wasn't bad) on a Saturday. The only problem we had was there was a group playing soccer in the field where the first few wholes are. They were very nice and we just skipped one whole. Not at all a major problem.
Other Thoughts: There are doing some construction right now so you do have a few more "hazards" in the form of bulldozers and erosion fences. But they are easy to avoid or step over (the fences not the bulldozers, you can't step over them). I'm not sure what they are building but I think it is a bike path. Hopefully and likely I believe this will add to and cause any decrease in the quality of the park. We'll see. Hopefully they'll be done by spring when it warms up.

East bound and down!

2-4    10/21/2012   10/27/2012
Review By: 11abush11
Pros: -Two sets of concrete with signs.
-Multiple basket locations
-Variety of left and right; tight and open
-Very clean
-More parks near by
-The club puts on a great tournament...very accommodating.
-Risk reward
Cons: -Could use a little more distance on some of the whites and blues (more in the 300' ft-400ft range)
-Couldn't find a restroom.
Other Thoughts: -Loved the clown's mouth, sweet little hole.
-A & B holes during tournaments give it a 20 hole layout.
If your East bound and down check this gem out!

course update

5+    7/24/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: gvdg jake
Pros: tons of lines on all holes, multiple pin locations and different tee pads. some holes have up to 4 pin locations and 3 tee pads
Cons: we need more players to help keep course clean and the sad thing is almost every hole has a trash can at it!?!?!

some afternoons they have 2-3 baseball teams practicing so it can get destracting
Other Thoughts: as of 7-24-12 they have a new pad installed on #8 which is between the whites and blues. this pad is painted purple. also #17 is currently in the process of being cleaned out and having a 2nd location for the cage which is soon to be in the woods behind the old location.

West Meadowbrook Park

5+    5/7/2011   5/7/2011
Review By: MatthewPoole
Pros: Challenging course. Variety of hole difficulties. Challenging tee shots and multiple doglegs to get around. This course will test your skills.
Cons: Crowded most of the times I have played. Sometimes the baseball games on Saturday mornings can be distracting.
Other Thoughts: Challenging course. Even if you have played for multiple years like a friend of mine, there are some parts of this course that will get you.. I have only been playing for about 8 months now, but this has slowly become my favorite course.

West Meadowbrook Park

5+    3/29/2011   3/31/2011
Review By: MulliganMike
Pros: Wide variety of challenging holes. Multiple pin and tee locations. Two practice pins.
Cons: Trash everywhere. Lately there's been construction right in the middle of hole 10. Some holes partial to flooding when there's heavy rain.
Other Thoughts: I've been playing this course since I moved to Greenville almost a year ago and it's been improving. Even with multiple trash bins, there is still alot of trash around which is ridiculous. Some efforts have been made to clean it up, and many of the holes are sponsored by local businesses. Overall, a challenging course that is both fun and enjoyable.

The Meadow is a must play.

5+    1/4/2011   1/6/2011
Review By: thux_ecu
Pros: Solid mix of open and wooded holes. Woods aren't too thick mst of the time, and from ams there isn't a hole over 400. Pros tees are tougher , but not overwhelming. Allows a variety of throws. Not too hard to score under par from Ams if you're an experienced player. Tee pads are easy to find, and the course is usually in good shape. This course offers pro and am tees and the pins change based on the season, so its a variety of scores you can get. Concrete pads and good baskets. Numerous aceable holes. Possibility of losing discs isn't too high except for some heavy shrub on a few holes, especially in the summer, and there are no water hazards if you have trouble with those types of holes. Has a 19th hole that can played at the end, and can be used for putting practice.
Cons: A few holes can be flooded, and 8 could have more trash pick up. When the weather is nice, the players come out, so sometimes they're might be a wait. Sometimes people will play soccer on hole 2 later in the day, so be aware of that.
Other Thoughts: I'm not originally from Greenville, but attend school at ECU, so I consider this course a hometown course since I've played it many times. Arguably my most favorite course, and my most favorite to play. Have to at least play this once.

meadow

5+    9/16/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: shane8002
This review was updated on 9/20/2010
Pros: good course the wooded part is not bad about brush since this dg course is always packed. Good mix of shots, hole 2 lets you rip it, the dg guys around here seem to really get involved in help making the course better.
Cons: a little hard to navigate for first time players, overcrowded as the only dg course in a college town, bad neighborhood so be aware if you play here, its not the people that use this park its the area its in which is a ghetto.
Other Thoughts: this is my home course I like it, hole 10 has 4 diffrent teepads now which is good one is really hard, long tees are not kept up as good no benches or trash cans etc. good course though

good course

2-4    8/21/2010   8/24/2010
Review By: totkst1
This review was updated on 8/27/2010
Pros: mostly easy par holes for me as a fairly inconsistant player. good course to build confidence for newer players and players who are inconsistant at other courses. i dont play often enough to be really good at the game but courses like this with a nice mix of shorter holes with multiple tees help build my confidence for tougher corses.
Cons: fire ants were all around the park and one of the holes had wasps under the bench. this is just me being picky to put something in the cons section.

1    2/27/2010   2/27/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: -It's not hard to find your way around
-Concrete Tee Pads
-Benches and Garbage Cans at most holes
-Tee Signs are extra helpful
-Variety of shots to use
-Clean and Safe Park
Cons: -Hole 8 was completely submerged in water (up to the seat of the benches)
-Tee Pads are shorter than I'm used too
-Sometimes the following tee is right behind the basket so you may need to wait until the group ahead of you tees off
Other Thoughts: While I was there a tournament was starting up. Like I said hole 8 was submerged along with # 9's tee. They set up an alternate tee for # 9 and had a # 19 to make up for hole #8.
There is an airport across the street but I only saw a small (really cool looking) plane pass by while I was there, no loud noise. Glad I played there!

A Blast to Play

2-4    1/14/2010   1/17/2010
Review By: DiscJunkie
Pros: I really liked the layout of the course. It flowed well and it was fairly easy to navigate from hole to hole, except for a stretch on the back from Hole 14 - 17. A mix of open and tight shots, but mostly open. Great tee signs, great directional signs. Two concrete pads for every hole. Long tees were a little challenging, while the short tees were good for beginners.
The hole designs were well thought-out.
Cons: It was a little wet when we played, especially Hole 8. As other reviewers have mentioned, a few of the holes play across an open field that has bleachers on it. I imagine that it can be difficult to play your throw when another game (soccer?) is in progress. I would've liked some longer Par 4 or Par 5-type holes. Sometimes it felt like a pitch and putt. No Rest Room facilities, did I miss them? Not much elevation. Some of the holes on the back are blind holes. Play the course at least twice to figure out where everything is.
Other Thoughts: BEAUTIFUL park!!! We saw two deer grazing during the evening when we were finishing up. A lot of work has gone into this park and I commend the local club. The hard work was evident.
There's a nice playground for the kiddies.
The neighborhood looks a little rough, but I didn't see any signs of problems while I was there. I've seen worse.