Kansas City, MO
Water Works Park Share
Uploaded By: Robert Scott Hole #2 (Taken 2/2009)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
 Fantastic Terrain

1    10/17/2008   10/23/2008
Review By: jdawg24
Pros: *Fantastic elevation changes & aesthetics make this a must play course
*beautiful land - old, mature trees; signs of history in overgrown stairs & old train tracks *has character - cool stone shelter with 'terrapin station' sign hung
*very well maintained - no invasives, grass cut short, limbs pruned
*great signage & kiosk info, easy to navigate solo & w/out map
*4 pins/1pad per hole
Cons: *only one teepad per hole. i played in the shorts & wished it were longer as many holes played like a 3.5...not gonna 2, not gonna 4
*seemed like it would play with minimal scoring variation, or maybe that's just me playing the short tees, but only 1 or 2 challenging pars
*little risk/reward -- i only took one 4 in 1.5 rds....with plenty of bad shots that went unpunished
*some drab holes that were nothing special and would blend in on an ordinary course but stand out here due to the quality of some of the other holes
*some holes with luck lines off the tee
Other Thoughts: I'd give this a 4.25 if there was such an option. I like this course better than any other i've rated 4, if for no other reason than the terrain is awesome.

That said, it didn't meet my expectations as I found the course to be very un-challenging on the day I played....can't wait to try another set of tees!

After playing this my home course, perkerson in ATL, seemed flat...

Fave holes -
#1 - steeply downhill over heavily sloped & hilly land
# 17 - flat or downhill with severe L>R downhill gradient & OB right

The Kansas City Legend

1    8/29/2008   9/3/2008
Review By: Greg Layton
This review was updated on 7/12/2009
Pros: - Everything is well-marked. Signs are detailed, no graffiti, signs point the way to the next hole in a couple of places
- Each teebox consists of the following: At least one bench, a bag hanger with 4 hooks, trashcan, sign, and a larger than average teepad
- The elevation changes will challenge your stamina
- You're really punished for bad shots off the fairway. Steep dropoffs to the right and left of the hole are common.
- The most scenic course I've ever seen. The view of Kansas City from the first hole is breath taking.
- Multiple tee positions, as many as four in some cases, means that this course will always be challenging.
- A previous reviewer mentioned that there was no restroom... that situation has been rectified thanks to a port-a-potty near the first hole.
Cons: - There's a map at the beginning of the course with holders for maps/scorecards, but it was empty when I played.
- Course seems to be a little neglected. Grass wasn't mowed, there were dead tree limbs on the 5th fairway that looked like they'd been there all summer, and the staircase that takes you from the 6th to the 7th hole is falling apart. Someone needs to step in and give this course a little more of the TLC it deserves.
Other Thoughts: Just a great course overall with it's current state of disrepair being the only reason that it doesn't garner a 5 rating. The first hole not only offers a great view but it also makes you want to unload your bag several times. This is a must play if you're driving through the KC area.

Updated 7/2009: After playing a 100 courses, (I now have a better idea of what a world class course looks like) and watching the reviews to make sure no one else has brought up maintenance issues, I've deemed it necessary to bump this course up to a 5. I still lay awake at night thinking about hole #1 a year after I played it.

My new favorite

6/16/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: staugiera
Pros: elevation changes are amazing, tee boxes and their surrounding area are spectacular-I was a first time player on this course and I never struggled to find the pins thanks to their visuals, great variety of left-handed and right-handed holes, nice variety of long distance holes and shorter technical holes. I feel that I can get a three on any hole and at the same time I also feel that if I make a small mistake on half the holes I could easily get a five or six. Plenty of people on the course in the middle of the afternoon, but I also never felt crowded and never needed to wait on others.
Cons: I am sure that there are cons to this course, but I was not able to find them, unless you are a beginner or not in good shape at all.
Other Thoughts: I planned to never give any course a 5.0, but after playing this course I don't feel that I have any choice. This is a very challenging course, well maintained, intense elevation change, great tee boxes, and the cherry to give it the extra half disc is an amazing view. This is a must play. All previous rankings of mine must now drop a half disc due to this course!!

Better than expected.

5/14/2008   5/24/2008
Review By: GATOR FAN
Pros: Great elevations to the course. Each hole gave me different looks and choices to throw sidearm, backhand and thumbers. Each tee marker was well identified with the photos of the pin placement and distances. First time playing this course and look forward to playing again.
Cons: Grass was tall, needed mowing.

Kansas City's signature course and a must play.

2/28/2008   2/28/2008
Review By: Koronin
Pros: Challenging, with decent length and sweet elevation changes.

Good layout with many alternate pin locations, giving the course good variety.

Good mix of open and wooded.

The view of downtown Kansas City heading toward the 14th basket is great as are the pools of water that make up the waterworks along holes 4,5.

Cons: Elevation/Distance will be hard for novice players.

Some real nasty areas if your disc gets away from you, in some areas the chiggers will make you pay even if you don't lose a disc.

Needs a bathroom.
Other Thoughts: A must play when coming through Kansas City, you'll get the sense of elevation immediately driving into the park.

One of the Best Courses I've Played

6/23/2007   6/28/2007
Review By: mpetre
Pros: This course is hilly in a great way and has just the perfect mixture of lefty and righty holes. Tee #1 is an awesome view of North Kansas City and gives the big arms a great chance to really air a shot out. I am not one of those and I still threw a drive of almost 380 on this hole. This course is easily one of most beautiful I've ever played. You feel as though you are hundreds of miles away from the city, yet get incredible views of it.
Cons: Walking up and down the hills can be quite a workout.
Other Thoughts: This course is well worth a visit if you are ever in the KC area.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >