Oklahoma City, OK
Woodson Park Share
Uploaded By: Chained Evil Hole #17 (Taken 5/2014)

Stretch It Out

1    11/13/2012   1/9/2013
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Good concrete tees
Good baskets
A place to really rip your drivers
A ittle length variety
Decent use of the creek on several holes
Decently clean
Easy to find
Plenty of parking
Well mowed
A few trees
Not crowded
Can take a big group and not be in anyone's way
Starts and finishes near parking lot
You get to meet some "interesting" people esspecially in the evening

Favorite Hole(s): #6, #10
Cons: Tee signs are vandalized, broken, or missing altogether
Navigation is horrible. Get a guide or at least a map.
No course map on location
Not the greatest neighborhood
Flat and open in Oklahoma =very windy
Not enough trees to make it very fun
Very repetetive
Not much variety
Open and long
Feels too much like field practice

Not many cons just not enough pros for a return visit
Other Thoughts: If you need a little change up or are bored with the good courses OKC has to offer, swing by Woodson and stretch out your drivers. The front nine is not a bad stretch of holes but the back nine just feels like "let's go way over there so we can have 18 holes." When I was there the creek was pretty clean except for the leaves.

This course isn't horrible but not very much fun. My "disc rating" is weighted heavily toward the fun factor which this course didn't have much of.

PM me and let me know how I could improve my reviews or just be more "helpful."

Pick Any Other Course Instead

1    3/16/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The course is just off a main highway and was easy for me to find. The tee boxes are paved and there are signs. This park was good for long and open shots. When I played it was not busy. It is an otherwise normal park course with the usual layout and shots one would expect at a park course..... However.
Cons: I had to fish the creek for my prized Orc and I met a dude with no teeth who told me a story about getting robbed at the park. The only reason why I found the creek in the first place was due to my map being slightly off from a course redesign. Because of this redesign I was turnaround in the middle holes, and the only other dude playing would not talk to me when I asked for directions. In fact, I think he was scared to talk to me.

It was also open and windy. Very hot with little shade cover, I would recommend bringing out the sun block with you all the time but it's a necessity on this course. A gigantic bottle of water might have made life a little better for me at this course as well. A highway runs along side parts of the course and are not that bad for a RHBH thrower, but still not very enjoyable. In the end I was relieved to be finished with the course and happier as I drove off. The creek is a pretty dirty urban drainage system that any player should avoid.
Other Thoughts: I came to Oklahoma just to play disc golf and Woodsen Park was my first stop because of its close proximity to the airport. It was so bad that I began to question rather I had made the right choice to come out to Oklahoma and it certainly gave me a bad first impression of Oklahoma CIty. This was one of the worst courses I played in Oklahoma and may be in one of the worst neighborhoods I've played in. If you are not on a quest to play many courses, don't bother stopping here.