Oklahoma City, OK
Woodson Park Share
Uploaded By: Chained Evil Hole #4 (Taken 5/2014)

1 2 Next >
 Pick Any Other Course Instead

1    3/16/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The course is just off a main highway and was easy for me to find. The tee boxes are paved and there are signs. This park was good for long and open shots. When I played it was not busy. It is an otherwise normal park course with the usual layout and shots one would expect at a park course..... However.
Cons: I had to fish the creek for my prized Orc and I met a dude with no teeth who told me a story about getting robbed at the park. The only reason why I found the creek in the first place was due to my map being slightly off from a course redesign. Because of this redesign I was turnaround in the middle holes, and the only other dude playing would not talk to me when I asked for directions. In fact, I think he was scared to talk to me.

It was also open and windy. Very hot with little shade cover, I would recommend bringing out the sun block with you all the time but it's a necessity on this course. A gigantic bottle of water might have made life a little better for me at this course as well. A highway runs along side parts of the course and are not that bad for a RHBH thrower, but still not very enjoyable. In the end I was relieved to be finished with the course and happier as I drove off. The creek is a pretty dirty urban drainage system that any player should avoid.
Other Thoughts: I came to Oklahoma just to play disc golf and Woodsen Park was my first stop because of its close proximity to the airport. It was so bad that I began to question rather I had made the right choice to come out to Oklahoma and it certainly gave me a bad first impression of Oklahoma CIty. This was one of the worst courses I played in Oklahoma and may be in one of the worst neighborhoods I've played in. If you are not on a quest to play many courses, don't bother stopping here.

Cant agree more

5+    7/7/2008   2/19/2009
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: A change, thats about it. Not bad to go out and throw some holes or get another course under your belt. The baskets are ok and the tees are good, especially for the neighborhood its in. Lots of different shots on the front and not super hard so you can try lots of shots. A good place to learn the roller. You can throw skip shots too, and throw big air shots as well. Its worth the drive north to Rogers/Dolese or go south to Norman where there is better golf.
Cons: Very hot. Its in a bad neighborhood and there are usually bums out on the course. The back nine is pretty stupid and has alot of the same shots. Hard to navigate and need a guide or lots of time.
Other Thoughts: Bring lots of cold drinks because it is a long walk and the end is never in sight!

long, open, windy?, bad neighborhood

1    9/9/2008   9/9/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: Well maintained, fresh mowed grass allows rollers. The front 9 and back 9 are distinctly different, the front is shorter with less trees and much easier. Satisfying for a big arm to let 'em rip often, which is also a con for some. Unlike some unmarked woods courses, this one can eventually be figured out because it's in a confined open area it takes perseverance. Supposedly often windy- good for wind practice.
Cons: Definitely does seem like a bad neighborhood, there were 2 sketchy guys chillin' under a tree on the far side of the course. If I was a woman, had a kid with me, a fancy car or valuables in it I wouldn't bother with this one. It is somewhat isolated from the neighborhood though.
VERY HARD to navigate, it's be re-done over and over it seems, so it's not marked well and can take over an hour just to find the holes and you can't be 100% sure you played it right, though I think I did...
Tee pads are great pads, but some raised too high and can't run up from behind or follow through off the front.
A few holes along the fence could mean a car on the highway getting hit by a disc, and have no clear/clean design, forcing luck or roller.
The map I found online was not at all accurate or very helpful.
Other Thoughts: Though you don't need a disc-spotter, you probably should have someone watch over the cars. And GET A GUIDE.

8/7/2008   8/7/2008
Review By: bazillion
Pros: This is a good course to play when you're totally wasted and have given up on life. Actually the front nine isn't bad (if you can find your way around) but see below for comments on the back nine.
Cons: The back nine, especially the three holes that run along the side of the freeway, is stupid. Those three holes play exactly the same, through a grove of pine trees that really messes with your game if you get sap on your hands.
Other Thoughts: I've never seen a parking lot look so good as when I finish a round here.

Woodson Park - I'd Rather Not...

3/12/2008   3/12/2008
Review By: DG_Wizard
This review was updated on 3/17/2008
Pros: The course design is not bad since some of the holes were redone ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE COURSE. It is not overly wooded, and fairly flat. There are a few long holes for big distance bombers. Concrete tee pads on all the holes.
Cons: This course is the ultimate in confusion. There are signs, numbers painted on the concrete tee pads, and numbers on the baskets, NONE of which match. Some holes were redone, so the online map does not match either. You almost HAVE to follow or know someone who plays this course often. The first few times I played, people were playing the course entirely differently and running into each other frequently, sometimes even arguing about what number hole they were on. Numbers of holes were drastically changed, some from the back to the front and vice versa. This course is also located deep in the barrio. There is some trash (mostly beer cans and bottles), and I actually threw my disc into a big open cedar tree that had a homeless guy living in it! He did give me my disc back though...
Other Thoughts: I would skip this course and play either Will Rogers or Dolese instead. It is not worth it. If you do play it, make your buddy drive so he can worry whether or not HIS car gets stolen out of the parking lot.

1 2 Next >