crowding causes confusion
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: • Very clean park.
• 18 level cement tee pads and baskets in a compact area so you don't have to walk very far to the next tee.
• A few very low ceiling shots.
• The friendly Falls City disc golf kitty (cat) followed us for a few holes.
Cons: • Tee pads are not numbered, you must have a map the first time out.
• Very crowded park! Fairways cross and some require shots directly at, along, or over amenities such as sidewalks, benches, shelters, playgrounds, the volley ball court, street crossing, park entrance, and the parking lot. People not playing disc golf don't seem to have any idea they are standing in the fairway. Hopefully this improves as the community comes to embrace the sport.
• Some tee pads are dangerously close to the previous basket. This was listed as a pro, but only applies when nobody else is at the park. For example tee 8 is in hole 7's circle, yet hidden from people throwing on 7. And you can't finish hole 9 when others are on tee 10 (waiting for street and pedestrian traffic to clear).
• As trees continue to grow they will encroach some tee pads like 8 and 9.
Other Thoughts: While playing with a group on a nice fall afternoon we saw at least six other groups playing. Some of the other groups were following the planned course flow, some were playing to random baskets which cut in front of us and that was frustrating.
For future design efforts consider nine baskets and two tee pads; one for beginners and one for advanced players. This allows for new and beginning players to enjoy the course and gives seasoned players a challenge too. Also, start with easy holes and make them more difficult as the course goes along. This helps to keep novice players returning.
Maybe tee signs are coming soon, otherwise painting a number on the tee pad would help tremendously.
As a tournament director I would have a limit of four to five cards due to crowding.
The rating of 2 is "reasonable". Too many design deficiencies to be called reasonable so I give it a 1.5.
I'll be back to play the course someday and hope the park is not as busy.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.