Federal Heights (Denver), CO
Camenisch Park - Badlands DGC Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #2 (Taken 8/2008)
Hole #2 sponsors

A "must-play" for CO

1    7/15/2011   7/16/2011
Review By: cpaquette
Pros: Wow, this course has it all! Excellent use of elevation changes, technical shot selections, water, trees and is kept up well for a city park. Most holes are relatively short for those with big arms... I only threw driver twice during my round as my midrange discs are anywhere from 400 feet in...
Cons: For first timers, it was a bit bewildering determining which basket you need to throw to and where the next tee box and basket are, but after asking a few "locals" and following them, I was able to find my way through this course pretty easily.
Other Thoughts: CO has had a ton of rain this year which is a bit "unseasonable" from what I hear from the locals, so be prepared for a few "mushy and swampy" spots. Be sure to wear footwear that is waterproof if you're not wanting to walk around in wet socks.

Great long course, best locally

1    7/9/2011   7/9/2011
Review By: AtomicCEO
Pros: This is the best course I've played in the Arvada/Westminster/Broomfield area. Lots of long holes and uphill/downhill terrain. Great baskets, challenging pin locations, mowed grass and some shade areas to cool down.
Cons: We were following a group in front of us to find our way around the course, and when we lost them, there was a bit of a challenge to find the next tee box. We did eventually manage to find them all though. Some signs were damaged and unreadable, and I think 18 was missing.

Hole 12 over the water was a little silly. None of us could possibly reach dry land. I see now from looking at the course map that we were on the "pro tee". Whoops.
Other Thoughts: Way longer than Johnny Roberts, more interesting terrain (trees and water) than Birds nest, way easier to navigate than the Interlocken course, and much better maintained than the City Park course. This is my favorite in the area.

It will be better the 2nd time we play it now that we know the way around.

Lost in the Park

1    7/8/2011   7/8/2011
Review By: myaccounts420
This review was updated on 7/9/2011
Pros: Great wide open downhill shots, to air it out!!! Would be an awesome park to just practice your long distance drives. No Monkeys
Cons: Awful awful awful signage in fact the 4th tee box has a 3 on it. Trash all over the place, we even picked up some of it because it was literally feet away from a recycling can. Some of the baskets we actually never found and played to the wrong ones, we eventually left early because we couldnt find the next basket.
Other Thoughts: Could be a better course with much improved signage and maybe even a better layout it seems to play down the hill and back up over and over again.

Like I said great park to practice your long drives.

Another thing, having played this course only hours ago and now looking at the pictures on this website I have no clue where some of those whole were, these pics must be years old

An interesting course

1    6/1/2011   6/13/2011
Review By: OMGChaos
Pros: This was relatively challenging, if nothing else for the hole where you had to clear the lake! It was also pretty long, so players with long arms could definitely get active.
Cons: The course was pretty tough to navigate for a first-timer. The signage was junk and finding the next tee pad wasn't always very intuitive. Also, it was pretty dirty when I was there (lots of rusted out trash cans, turned over cans, etc.)
Other Thoughts: Overall is wasn't awful, but I certainly wouldn't make this my normal course.

1    5/28/2011   5/28/2011
Review By: Dubbel
Pros: You can get some great distance if you like to grip it & rip it on the down hill shots.
Cons: Wide open without having any challenges. It's basically throw into the valley and then throw back up the hill. The course is also set up in an illogical way. The poor setup makes it near impossible to find holes. Almost all signs have ben marked up, and some are missing.
Other Thoughts: Make sure you bring a local, and be prepared to be disappointed.

Badlands

2-4    8/10/2010   5/26/2011
Review By: 14erDisc
Pros: This course has a lot of long holes and a decent amount of elevation shots considering it's in Denver. It is a fairly long course, and requires many long bombing throws if you're into that kinda of play.
Cons: There are very few trees in the park. It is also very poorly marked and my brother and I had a very hard time finding our way around the first time we visited Badlands. The park is also kept in poor shape; the grass was brown and there seemed to be trash everywhere. I lost a disc in a water hazard, and was scared to retrieve it due to the quality of the water and the amount of trash in it.
Other Thoughts: This is a good park to check out, but dont expect much besides long, straight, open, fairway-like shots.

baskets, baskets everywhere!

1    4/24/2011   4/24/2011
Review By: clipnfly
Pros: Overall a great experience. Good use of area... elevation changes work well. Lots of basket choices (too many?) You can play big arm or just play shorter... quite wide open... hard to lose a disc here... 'cept on 12 over water. A LOT of disc golf course squeezed into the land area...
Cons: signs are poor, missing or confusing... play with a local the first time... or print the map. Too many baskets... where do I shoot? Layout is well done as to use of space... but very hard to follow using DG instinct... w/o a map you are going to have a tough time.
Other Thoughts: Bonus 9 holes in the woodsy area was more like courses in my area... Played that with a local... review on that page. If I lived local and played here about 3 times I am sure I would LOVE this place... just overwelming the first time. Putting practice baskets at tee #1 are nice to have.

Badlands DGC

1    3/14/2011   3/21/2011
Review By: jwetter
Pros: -Very nice use of elevation changes
-nice tees and decent baskets
-18 holes of varying lengths (also has a 9 hole course on site)
-many interesting throws where the hills come into play
-benches at almost every hole that was nice so you could put your bags on it
-nice park but there were a lot of people there so we had to do a lot of waiting
Cons: -the signs are very poorly done
-can be confusing where to go next after you finish a hole
-the hills get frustrating because you are always throwing up or down hills
-it was really windy the day we played and it made the course frustrating
Other Thoughts: worth the play if you are in the area. It was a fun course and different from many of the courses I have played.

A Slippery Slope

5+    3/12/2011   3/19/2011
Review By: Headbabe
Pros: It is still the go to Denver Metro course to measure your game.Still challenging enough to drag me back. A good place to work on up and down hill shots in prep to throw mountain courses.
Cons: Sometimes making changes to a course is not a good thing. The nasty swamp that comes into play on hole #1, #2, and 5 has been a problem for years. Tee box #2 now basically gets bombed on by Hole #9 shots. Most of the tee changes and "improvments" along low channel have been disappointing.
Other Thoughts: This course was more of a 3.5 -4.0 rating a few years ago but has been on a downward sprial for some time now.

1    10/3/2009   9/29/2010
Review By: Dreeley
Pros: Big, Open Park with moderate traffic. Good course to play if you would like to really open up and throw hard. A couple fun/technical shots.
Cons: No Imagination for this place. Throw down a hill, then up it, then across it, then here's a few completely blind shots with horrible signs to tell you where they're at. Very misleading/confusing layout at times.
This park could maybe have been put together better, but they did okay for the space they had... I guess.
Just not a fun place to play. Many other courses around to play.
Other Thoughts: I think they only reason why this place gets higher ratings is because it's not a starter course. You def. need some experience if you wish to score well here (even). WIth that being said, there really isn't horrible traffic. I've played here more than a few times, but when I started to get better, I realized how bad of a course this really is.