Indianapolis, IN

1 2 3 4 Next >
 Great Variety of Holes

5+    7/10/2008   9/8/2008
Review By: NoChinDeluxe
Pros: Hole 17 is a beast and will eat you alive. First timers will have a "wait, where is the basket?" moment. Nice variety of holes mixing elevation changes and wooded shots including the blind, straight-uphill 18th and the dreaded "over the river and through the woods" 17th.
Cons: A little too close to the road for my tastes and there are some questionable characters roaming around trying to sell me discs, their bike, crack, etc.
Other Thoughts: I'd have to say this is the best in Indy because it offers the most variety and is a full 18. There is only one completely open-field hole while the rest play in the trees in some way, which makes it very fun for all skill levels. The neighborhood isn't quite Castleton or Noblesville, but don't be scared off either. Sometimes you'll get some weirdos hanging around, but I've been there a lot when families are BBQ-ing in the pavilions and it's quite the family-friendly park.

Almost a favorite

1    8/20/2008   8/20/2008
Review By: m1ke
This review was updated on 9/12/2014
Pros: Very well laid-out course. Great use has been made of the rolling terrain to provide a variety of shots with a good amount of elevation changes. I very much enjoyed finding out what each hole had to offer. Signage is excellent; the signs are noticeable with the tee numbers in large print so there's only a couple of holes where you can't easily spot where the next tee is- I'd printed out an online course map but didn't much need it.
Cons: Poison Ivy, and plenty of it. Holes 11-12 and 16-18 all have it at the edge of the woods along their fairways. This problem is compounded by a lack of facilities- I carry a poison ivy wash in my bag to get the plant oil off hands and discs, but there isn't so much as a water fountain here in which to make use of it. The only other problem I had is the proximity of multiple fairways to a road that's not exactly busy, but definitely had some traffic on it.
Other Thoughts: I'll almost certainly go back to this course the next time I'm in Indy (about once year). If they cleared out the poison ivy, this would be one of my favorite courses.

7/11/2008   7/11/2008
Review By: Noah Karnes
Pros: Overall, this is an average course. Not bad at all but not spectacular either. It was an enjoyable round of golf. The course was very well maintained and had good signage and teepads. There is some slight elevation but not a lot. There is a good mixture of long/short holes. Hole 17 was interesting (definitely need a spotter on that one!)
Cons: We played this course the same weekend that we played the Fun Farm in Corydon, IN and it didn't really compare to the Fun Farm. It was in a kinda bad part of town but I agree with the other reviewer that the course feels safe. It was kinda crowded when we played but not too bad.
Other Thoughts: My wife and I played this course on the way home from visiting my parents in southern Indiana. It was a good time and worth the stop.

Great Course

6/8/2008   6/20/2008
Review By: Victory33
This review was updated on 6/24/2008
Pros: Variety of different types of shots, some decent elevation changes, lots of trees, some very unique holes (17). Not too busy most days. Good layout, considering the space available.
Cons: In a rough area, but the course feels pretty safe. Can lose disc easily on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: I like this course a lot, this and Brookside are my favorites in Indianapolis.

George Washington Park, Indianapolis

5+    9/26/2005   5/26/2008
Review By: ZipperBlueZ
This review was updated on 8/25/2008
Pros: Large course with varied terrain and good usage of the land it's on. Holes are in good shape. Nice variety in terms of obstacles and shot selection needed. Very low traffic, if you go on a weekday, you'll have the whole (very large and mostly well kept) course to yourself.
Cons: Other than it's in a rough part of town, none.
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice course, and in the greater Indianapolis area, it's second to none in terms of layout, hole variety, and land usage. Several blind shots will challenge your accuracy, with one particular hole (I believe the 17th) leaving you completely terrified to throw, especially in the summer when the vegetation makes finding errant throws even harder. I usually make a day of it, and play both this course and Brookside Park, but if you're visiting the city and only have time for one course, make it George Washington Park.

1 2 3 4 Next >