Bowling Green, KY
Lover's Lane Park Share
Uploaded By: Boostman Hole #15 (Taken 4/2009)

Great

1    8/25/2012   8/26/2012
Review By: hunteris2dope
Pros: Great Upkeep
Nice layout
Easy to find Holes
Even balance of trees and open space
Not to hard but also not to easy
Cons: None other than Hole 2 had a cow manure smell but that's not something they can control.
Other Thoughts: Def. comin back

Bombs Away!

2-4    5/19/2010   7/15/2010
Review By: discgolphinmafaukner
Pros: Lover's Lane is a mostly open disc golf course in Bowling Green, KY. The fairways on this course are the best fairways I have ever seen. I could sleep on the grass in this park every night. The course loops around back to the parking lot after hole 9 and again after 18. The distance is great on this one, so bomb away all day! There is a shelter house near holes 1 and 10 which is a great spot to take a break. There is a little elevation; I would say just enough to keep it interesting.
Cons: The course is mostly open which allows the wind to do whatever it wants to your disc. The park could also use a bathroom, more benches, and more trash cans.
Other Thoughts: I mentioned the wind as a con. It seems like every time I play this course the wind is HOWLING! That being said, I'm beginning to like playing in the wind. I only consider it a con because most people do not like wind. I play this course every time I head down to Blowing Green.

Day in the Park....

5+    4/30/2010   5/2/2010
Review By: big shot dobbs
Pros: I have played this course close to 500 times since it was built....Lovers Lane gets better each year, as it matures. Fun course...especially if you can throw a 400ft spike hyzer consistantly:) Give this course 10 years, and those spike hyzers will become long turnover roc shots....I can't wait!! I love to practice at Lovers, because it's easy to navigate.....no rough.....good baskets......good pads signage, and one of the best manicured Kentucky bluegrass fields you will find!!
Cons: Not much here.....except holes 13 to 18 need time for trees to define fairways.....which will be awsome in 10 years.....
Other Thoughts: I love Lovers:) It;s a great place to practice, hang out, and get your confidence up. If you visit BG.... Play Kerieakes and Lovers in the morning (under 3 hours easily)....eat lunch, stop by Disc Golf Shop and More/KY Disc Golf Hall of Fame, on the way out to Holler in the Hills, for an epic afternoon round!! Now that's a Disc Golf vacation!!

2-4    5/10/2009   6/28/2009
Review By: caney44
Pros: The course is laid out great. It is hard, but it is fun at the same time. Its a real clean park and well taken care of, and everyone out there is real friendly.
Cons: Needs a restroom and when the trees get grown on the back nine it will be a whole lot cooler on ya so you can cool down
Other Thoughts: Probly my favorite atm but I haven't been to but a handful of course's atm

One of my faves

7/26/2008   7/28/2008
Review By: upfromtheashes
Pros: I've never played a course that was better maintained. Just beautiful. Among the longer courses I've played, which is welcome as I like to stretch the arm a bit. Good variety of hole distances and lines. Elevation comes into play on a few holes.

Top-notch signage, good teepads.
Cons: Holes 13-17 don't have the mature trees that the other holes do. Trees have been planted, but at this time they are still fairly small and most of them are not incredibly effective as obstacles.
Other Thoughts: I will play this course every time I get down to Bowling Green. It has become one of my favorites. Another reviewer suggested a double dip of Lover's Lane + Kerieakes. I second the motion!