Bowling Green, KY
Lover's Lane Park Share
Uploaded By: ambroze Hole #11 (Taken 1/2009)
3 / 245ft.   3 / --   3 / 245ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

One of the best courses...

5+    8/19/2012   5/22/2010
Review By: UKfan
This review was updated on 8/20/2012
Pros: This is likely my favorite course. It is well designed with clear lines to the baskets. The baskets are placed relative to the trees in such a way as to make the holes more challenging. In comparison to most technical courses, it is a relatively open course with a moderate number of trees and a few holes with almost no trees. Despite the length of some of the holes, I highly recommend this course to most beginners. This is a very well maintained course. In the 3 years that I have played this course the trees on the six more open holes across the road have really matured. As a result, the holes across the road have become more challenging. Over time this will be an even better course.
Cons: The direction of the holes and baskets could be a little better marked. For example, the first time that I played this course I did not realize that #13 required you to cross the road. Some of the teepads are not close to the prior basket and require you to walk backward or away from the last basket.
The course is a little long for a relative beginner like me. If some of the holes were par 4's that would have been better for me. However, that should not discourage anyone. I just wish courses would have label some holes as par 4's more often.
Other Thoughts: I really love this course. The design and maintenance of this course are the reasons that I rate it so highly. I also give it an extra half or full disc because it is one of my personal favorites. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to play this course.
One day I played it after it had after it had rained all day and for the prior two days, but it drained very well.
This is a really well maintained and clean course. There are bathrooms located nearby at the soccer complex.

Good All Around Course

6/19/2007   6/25/2007
Review By: joshs2000ss
This review was updated on 6/10/2008
Pros: Great course with a variety of shot options. A good variation on distance and accuracy shots. Holes 3,4,5,10 and 11 are through a manicured wooded area. The rest of the course is mostly open. Course is easy to navigate. Very well maintained.
Cons: Not many cons. Once you cross the road to number 13, the course becomes a bit more like throwing around in a field, not many obstacles. Sometimes the overflow parking from the soccer complex can end up along the side of hole #1. Not really in the fairway but makes you have to think about the cars.
Other Thoughts: Definately a must play in BG!!!