Tustin, CA
Frontier Park Share
Uploaded By: bazillion Hole #1 (Taken 12/2009)

Small 9 Holer in Tustin

5+    2/19/2010   3/11/2010
Review By: OcDiscGolf
Pros:
• Lots of Safari options and a few holes that play to 400 feet
• Rolling hills fill half the park and make a nice change of pace
Cons:
• Course plays right through a playground on a handful of holes. An errant shot could easily hit a kid and it is hard to try the best lines with the playground right there.
• Park is always crowded, maybe it is not crowded first thing in the morning but every time I have been there it is packed with non disc golfer traffic.
• Fairways cross in several places, but you'll probably be the only one playing anyway.
• The handball court in the back of the park seems to be a popular hangout and is generally packed with people. When I was playing there was a large group camped around the basket for # 6 and smoking something… It made it a little intimidating to throw into a group of 14 or so cholo types all looking at me. They must have really wondered what I was doing. Maybe I should have offered to tell them about the sport but I was busy thinking about how much cash was in my wallet should I get robbed, and wondering if they would take my discs as well.
• Tons of trash in this park and the trashcans (all 2 or so of them) are always full
• A few teepads that are incredibly short and backed up against walls. At first, it is hard to believe it is a teepad when you see it.
• No tees on most holes, just some faded spraypaint that you can't even read anymore (you're going to need a guide) and the baskets are confusing - most are numbered but if you don't really know where the tees are it is just safari to here, safari to there.
Frontier Park is a small 9 hole course tucked into a densely populated residential area in Tustin. The piece of land that the course is on is used creatively, but the park is just too small and too crowded to host a disc golf course. Fairways cross in all directions, but you'll probably be the only player or group there anyway. I have never seen another DG'er when I've been there.

I personally will not bother to play this course anymore at all since my last visit, I have tried hard 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years to like this course, but I am always limited on what holes I can play due to the crowds of non disc golfers hanging out here. There is definitely a questionable element afoot in this park - it is not a scene I like to be around.

If you live close and want to practice putting, possibly go in the morning or in the middle of the day on a weekday. With the rolling hills around a few of the baskets in the middle, it is a good spot to practice your pitch and putt. I wouldn't go after dark personally I would question what goes on here at night. Deerfied Park is close in Irvine and makes a far better option, or HB if you have 20 minutes to cruise down to the beach. Not worth a visit if you are coming in from out of town.