Georgetown, TX
Uploaded By: sidewinding Hole #12

Local

5+    9/22/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: rmarshall
Pros: Living in Georgetown, it's nice to have such a techincal course here. If you ever need a guide, you can message me and im free most weekends to help navigate all the holes. This course requires a great deal of accuracy, with luck thrown in the mix. Hitting a tree is a guarantee here, but with practice, it gets more and more fun. The park itself is beautiful, and is a great place to play on a hot sunny day cause of all the shade.
Cons: While navigation is hard, the biggest con for this course is the trees. The city of georgetown has come out and cleared alot of trees, but it still can be a little excessive on some holes. Also, be ready for a long hike. Some holes do not end next to a tee, which is why navigation on this course is a challenge. While the course does do a big loop, if you're at hole 9 and realized you forgot something, you'll have to do without. Parking can also be a problem, if you go on a real nice sunny saturday, then be ready to fight for a spot in the very small parking lot.
Other Thoughts: San Gabriel park, just across the interstate, is a great warm up for this course. San Gabe is wide open and is a good de-stresser before trying to tackle this very tight and technical course. I have played every course in georgetown numerous times, and would love to show people new to the area any georgetown course!

1st time at Rivery

1    4/22/2012   4/22/2012
Review By: coachhart25
Pros: - hole placement is the best I have seen. Elevation is awesome

- fairways are cut down and play good, the walk of the course is nice... mostly treed, but a couple that opened up partially...

-length is good, some shorter holes but birdies still hard to comeby because of the hole placement
Cons: Tee boxes OK, with the dirt...if it rained I don't think you could play it.

No signs and yardage markers :(

Did not take down the old signs, not very confusing but should've taken the old ones down.

From hole 5 to 6 kinda tricky...
Other Thoughts: For the first timeplaying this course the positives greatly outweigh the negative ones... I have played the following and rate them like this:
1. Rivery
2. Wilco (closed right now)
3. Cat hollow
4. Old settlers
5. Bushy creek sport park

The scenery was great, hole placements were great. If this course had concrete tee boxes and signs like old settlers, this would be the creme de la creme. Not too confusing to find the next tee, but we did have a couple issues (thankfully we had the phone). Overall a great experience. Hole 10 was my favorite going straight up.!!! Play it if you haven't!!!

One of my favorites

1    9/19/2011   9/19/2011
Review By: shtfox13
Pros: Awesome hole design. Good mix of tight anhyzer and hyzer shots. Some very tight fairways with straight shots needed. Even had to throw a few tomahawks and thumbers when I got out of the fairway. Lots of Ace chances with avery. Course requires good accuracy but I had a blast playing it. Some amazing rock formations around holes 7-12. There were a pack of 6 deer that watched me throw hole 11. some makeshift tables randomly through out with lots of trashcans around and I think at every hole just about.
Cons: Like everyone else has said signs. Course has been redesigned and there are some old post up that can make it very confusing. I downloaded the .pdf course map onto my phone and had no problems navigating. Also Tee Pads are natural and very worn in most locations. Pads had 2 Blue surveyor Whiskers in the ground that surprisingly were at every tee pa but I really had to look for a few.
Other Thoughts: This course would easily be a 4-4.5 star course with some signs and level pad areas.Overall though I had I great time here and was using my compass as if I was orienteering and somewhere lost out in the woods navigating from basket to basket even though you are not at all that far form civilization. I feel the natural tee pads add to the feeling of the course but even some plywood signs could make the course better for first timers

Adventurous Course

1    4/18/2010   4/18/2010
Review By: Overhanding4distance
Pros: Set along the San Gabriel River, Rivery Park is a beautifully wooded course that commands a variety of shots from players. I enjoyed playing it because of the mild elevation and scenic setting. I loved throwing alongside old caves and on the embankments of hills. This course has ace and birdie opportunities on a few holes. The baskets out here are quality too.
Cons: As mentioned before, bad signage. On some holes there are no signs. Print out a map before going and you should be fine.
I would love to see more trash bins, concrete tee boxes, and some overgrown grass maintained.
Long walk from 11 to 12. People biking and jogging will be present on this trek
Other Thoughts: Overall very good course, with some minor improvements and maintenance, it could become considered one of the top courses in the area.

Right on Rivery

1    7/26/2009   7/27/2009
Review By: sam_puck
Pros: Beautiful scenery. Nice big park! Great elevation shots. Longs and shorts. Lots of right turns.
Cons: No signage! Dirt tee boxes, some dug out pretty bad. You can get lost very easy, because there is no signs at all! Heavily wooded, but intreasting lines.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course, even though it ate my lunch. I can't wait to go back and seek revenge.