Fort Pierce, FL
St. Lucie Village Heritage Park Share
Uploaded By: grynreeper Hole #4
#4 - View from tee.

Site of my 12th ace (Errr 65' putt)

2-4    2/10/2012   2/25/2012
Pros: 1) Short beginner friendly course exposes people who wouldn't otherwise know what disc golf is I assume.

2) Posts with the Hole # on them act as the tee and the baskets (PVC contraptions that used to have some sort of chin assembly) are also numbered so it is easy to work around the course. Throw your disc through the rectangle at the top . . . I can only magine what the chain system was all about.

3) Nice usage of trees to create the shot shapes and interesting obstacles. It was done surprisingly well if you ask me.

4) This is a decent little town park with picnic tables, horseshoes, volleyball and a decent sized parking lot. I could spend the whole day here trying to rack up aces and playing a bunch of mini disc!

5) Mostly plam trees create the obstacles but there looks to be a live oak tree with Spanish moss hanging down too. One palmetto shrub on the course can eat your disc up . . . I ended up in it and rather than try and throw the 8' putt from there I just took a 3. I didn't want to get killed by a snake or other venomous creature.

6) Ace-runs abound . . .or you can go for the perfect round and birdie them all. Either way it an be a fun course.

7) You actually have to throw a few different kinds of shots on this course. You could probably make a putter run on every hole but you do need to work the disc either direction on a few holes.
Cons: 1) No teesigns . . . not a huge deal since the holes are so short and self explanatory. There is a scorecard however that has the hole distances and a course map on the back.

2) No real challenge here for anyone who has played the game for any period of time. It didn't bother me but most people couldn't see the value of this course.

3) Distance variation ranges from short to shorter so there is a definite lacking of variety in terms of distance. That also makes you leave your drivers in the bag.

4) This is definitely a 1 disc course . . . no need to bring different mid-ranges either because the shot shaping is so slight you could do it with your neutral mid-range.

5) Grass tees are worn down to sand . . . not a big deal because if you are doing a runup you are truly only a beginner.
Other Thoughts: This course was called a "Miniature Disc Golf Course" and I wasn't sure if this was intended for mini throwing or if it was just referencing the size of the property. It is probably more suited to mini discs because of how short it is. I played it both ways . . . one round with my Star Spider and another round with my mini disc. I shot a 20 (-7) with my spider including an ace on #4 and I shot a 25 (-2) with my mini. This is the first time I ever really tried to throw my mini so I am pretty happy with the results. I am excited to learn how to throw minis as I had so much funny money at the end of last season that I purchased 4 mini baskets. I am looking into finding a place where I can setup the baskets and make a "mini course". Just another fun way to enjoy this sport with far less money and much less land needed.

Most disc golfers wouldn't even bother stopping here but I can see the value in throwing these shots. It can be fun if you allow it to be fun despite what might be considered a lackluster course. I will probably come back next time I head up the east coast of Florida just to play another mini round since this place is better suited to mini discs than regular discs.

putter challange

1    9/6/2009   10/11/2009
Review By: gottafixit
Pros: Score cards and maps available at the kiosk. Well marked tee post and objects. Cheap way to put in a course. Decent use of trees for obstacles. Great for beginners and you can't lose a disc.
Cons: If your not a beginner use a putter or mid-range, very short. plays around a trail and a volleyball court.No restrooms.
Other Thoughts: This course is a great example of a cheap and inventive way to put in a course. I used just my putter and for me it was still a challenge. If your not shooting straight on it's very difficult to make a putt.

Very short, no baskets...

8/8/2008   8/8/2008
Review By: grynreeper
Pros: I think the biggest PRO for this course would be it is great if you are just introducing the game to a young child. The holes are very short and pretty straight with a few palm trees in the way to make it interesting.
Cons: Of course the distance is a consideration for anyone above the new or novice player. The holes are marked with their number very well but no PAR or distance information is provided. I think not having baskets as targets takes away from the course a little bit as well.
Other Thoughts: All in all, it's a fun little "mess around" course for practicing some short and long putting and a great place to take a new player...